OUR INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN IS OVER, BUT YOU CAN STILL DONATE, WATCH VIDEOS AND SUPPORT OUR ORGANIZATION AT WWW.ZEROPLATOON.COM/DONATE-NOW
HELP US HELP THOSE WHO SERVE
Zero Platoon is an organization founded and staffed by veterans dedicated to bringing hope and encouragement to members of the U.S. armed forces who struggle with depression and other emotional and psychological issues that stem from the adaptation into military life. Our goal is to motivate, encourage, and help those who serve our country while dealing with these issues.
So far, we've done this by hosting videos of exclusive acoustic performances by touring bands and intimate interview about how music has helped these artists overcome difficult times in their lives. Our Youtube channel hit 20,000 views in less than 6 months, adding another 7,000 in the seventh month.With your help, this summer, Zero Platoon will be hitting the road with three bands -- Pentimento, Have Mercy, and Gates -- to spread the word about the organization and raise awareness of the mental and psychological issues that our active duty service members face. We will also be conducting interviews and shooting acoustic videos with bands on the Vans Warped Tour.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
When Zero Platoon was just an idea, the ultimate goal was to take bands on tour to military bases -- sort of a USO for a younger generation of soldier, with more attention on relating to them rather than just entertaining them. That dream is being realized faster than we ever expected, and this summer we'll be hitting the road long before we ever thought we could, if...
- We can rent a van for a week: $2500
- Pay for gas to drive through GA, 3 days in FL, then NC, and TN: $2000
- Pay the other half of our two-man crew who will help drive and film: $500
Other expenses will come out of pocket. If we exceed our goal, extra funds will go straight to the organization to be used for things like making merch, sponsoring future tours, better equipment, etc.
THE PERKS OF BEING A PLATOON MEMBER:
- A million thanks! Seriously, there are like 10 different ways to get thanked. Everyone will get their name (or business name) on "The Platoon" page on our website along with staff, bands and other supporters. You can also get your name on the "Thanks to:" endslate on all videos from this tour. Some people will even have their names read by the bands we meet on tour on a "Thank you" video. $500 and $1000 contributors will get a "Made Possible by" or "Sponsored by" slate, respectively, at the beginning of videos from this tour.
- Merch: Zero Platoon stickers, Limited Edition Unit patches, T-shirts
- VIP status: You can get access to backstage and behind the scenes photos and videos from this tour. You and +1 can get VIP access to future Zero Platoon shows and tours.
- One of my favorite perks: An 8x10 print of Matthew Wager's Claymore photo that he took in Laghman Province, Afghanistan while serving in the U.S. Army. Depending on the contribution, your print could be signed.
Zero Platoon is less than a year old and we've already seen an amazing impact -- nearly 30,000 views and 100 subscribers on YouTube. Within a month of starting up, I received this message from a guy who I went through U.S. Army basic combat training with.
Here's a little idea of what we do. This is one of the interviews that we've done and below it there's a comment that someone left on YouTube. Our goal is to fill a void that is very present in the U.S. military, but as you can see, Zero Platoon reaches more than just those who are serving.
Other Ways You Can Help
Thanks for making it this far. Even if you can't spare a buck, any support is greatly appreciated. Please share this campaign with your friends and especially anyone you know in the military or who might have family in the military. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.
Thanks so much,