Our mission: revolutionize the online dating world by connecting people to matches within their social network.
We've all know about online dating. But even though the internet has evolved in leaps and bounds over the last decade, the way people date online has remained relatively unchanged. You fill out information about yourself, you scan a bunch of randomly generated profiles, and if you're lucky, you go on a date with a stranger.
And therein lies why most online dates don't work out. You're meeting strangers who, chances are, you won't have much in common with. With YouShouldTotallyMeet, a lot of the upfront guesswork is taken away, which means the people you meet are a better match.
"[The] app hopes to make the matchmaking process easier among your friends, so you can play Cupid in a 2013-sort-of-way. The app, appropriately named YouShouldTotallyMeet uses the power of your friend network to help form introductions." -Mashable
"With sites based on bizarre matchmaking algorithms or trolling through pictures to find physical attraction, the industry seems ready for a makeover." -blogTO
"It's also a more human approach to matchmaking than the algorithmic method used by some dating websites. Users write dating profiles for their friends as well as at least three reasons why someone should 'totally' meet them, the idea being that a person's friend will write a more honest profile for them than they might write themselves." -DailyMail
With our app, there’s no complex secretly guarded computer algorithm trying to match you up. Instead we’re putting your Facebook friends to work!
YouShouldTotallyMeet helps find your match through your network of friends. And their friends. And their friends of friends. How? The people who get served up to you are connected to your life in some way. That means you're not meeting a complete stranger and the chances for a quality connection is higher. Think of it as six-degrees of dating.
spent the last year building a desktop version of the YouShouldTotallyMeet app,
which you can check out on Facebook here: facebook.com/youshouldtotallymeet
Now we’re working hard to bring the YouShouldTotallyMeet experience to smartphones everywhere. With the Android and iOS version, we’re adding entirely brand new functionality that will make it easier to connect with someone anywhere, any time.
• Browsing Profiles: we’re making it simpler and quicker to sort through potential dates
• Recommendations: it will be even easier to validate your friend's profiles
• Introducing Voice Notes: someone catch your eye? Don't just write them - leave a voice note
We need your support so that we can finalize our designs, complete development on time, negotiate various business needs, and kick off a fantastic marketing campaign!
We've determined that in order to deliver the best possible experience we need $25,000.
Below are some of the great perks we're offering in return:
Because launching a mobile app from the ground up takes a lot of starting capital. The founders have made significant investments to build the desktop prototype. The response proved that we had a great idea that people wanted. Now we want to keep the momentum going and take it to the next level - and that's mobile. The demand for this has been overwhelming. But in order to keep this going we now need investment beyond our own pockets. We truly believe that if we reach our goal, we'll be able to give our users the best experience possible and really help people meet people.
• The New Age - "Have you always wanted to play matchmaking but didn't know how to go about? Worry no more."
• The Root - "The appeal of this app is that it makes blind dating a little less blind with mutual friends to vouch for potential paramours."
• AdRants - "The App works on the idea that trusted friends know people's best - their likes, dislikes, motivations, hobbies, and such. They're the ones who will help people find success in the dating world, rather than some dating algorithm."
• Little Black Book Online - "YouShouldTotallyMeet attempts to address two of the biggest barriers, which are: 1. The awkwardness of blind dating and 2. Meeting people who they have nothing in common with."
• Killer Startups - "The appeal of this app is that it makes blind dating a little less blind with mutual friends to vouch for potential paramours. One click and the connection’s made. If you’re good at this, you get to live vicariously through the beginnings of a new romance."