As Featured in:
Mommy to Elodie: Xentry In My Home
info oomph I/O: Xentry: Turn Your Old Smartphones Into Smartdoors
mobiletime Brazil: Start-up transforma smartphone velho em interfone
Mommy to Elodie: How to Repurpose Your Old Smartphone
Coolest Gadgets: Xentry transforms smartphone into electronic door caller display
Xentry, Xavage's first product, uses your spare smartphone to capture and transmit live audio and video at your door to your iOS or Android devices.
To get clear sound to and from the visitor outside, Xavage developed a proprietary, patent-pending audio transfer system that simplifies the electronics used. This system includes acoustic channels, customized peephole, and other sound enhancing elements.
Current housing designs accommodate the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S, and Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate.
For the Xentry System to work, install Xentry's software onto the Xentry at the door and your mobile devices (viewer). The viewing software works on any of the current iPhone or Android models in the market.
- Front and rear camera support
- One button touch to save still pictures
- Zooming and exposure adjustment
- Two-way audio with push-to-talk
- Patent-pending acoustic transfer system
- Play background sounds to create the illusion that you are not alone.
- Live voice alteration feature gives a deeper pitch to your voice.
- Receive instant door movement notification on your mobile devices.
- iOS and Android working together.
- Xentry can talk to your existing iOS and/or Android devices.
- Receive notifications when there is door movement.
- Xentry plays your custom message each time a visitor goes through the door
Easy to Use Xentry Software
- Automatic camera discovery and pairing.
- Password protection for cameras.
- Simultaneous connection from multiple viewers.
- Zooming and exposure adjustment.
- Any Android and iOS devices (Android 2.2 API Level 8 & iOS4.3+) can communicate with Xentry.
- The Xentry enclosure supports iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, or Samsung Galaxy S Facinate. If there is a smartphone model you would like to see in a Xentry, go here.
- Power button extender allows easy access to your smartphone's power button even though your smartphone is inside the Xentry housing.
- We are looking into using environmentally friendly material for Xentry housing.
- No tools required to install a smartphone into Xentry.
- Backers can use the spare smartphone's existing battery or have the Xentry connected to the charging cable. Xavage provides a 15 feet (3 meter) USB adaptor cable while the backers use their existing charging accessories..
- Dimensions: Xentry for iPhone: 147mm height (5.79"), 73mm width (2.87"), 23mm depth (0.91")Xentry for Galaxy S Fascinate: 153mm height (6.03"), 79mm width (3.12"), 23mm depth (0.91")
Where We Are Now
Xavage Technologies LLC and KalaVision has been developing Xentry for the past 12 months. We have been able to produce hardware and software prototypes. We have tested the prototypes, made some changes, and created new software builds and more rapid prototyping hardware. If we want to bring Xentry to market, we need additional funding to get to manufacturing. We need the support of Indiegogo to make this project a reality.
The funding will be used primarily for:
- Acquiring tooling for every model. Every model requires dedicated tooling / molds for injection molding.Tooling costs (injection molds, tooling set up, etc…) are very costly, even more so when there are multiple models.
- Acquiring software and hardware resources. Additional software and hardware engineering resources are required for bringing the prototype to production.
Here is what will be included with Xentry
Housing for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S or Galaxy S Fascinate
- High Quality Peephole Assembly
- Modified Peephole Ring Amplifier
- 15' USB Extension Cable
- Web of Cam, Xentry Edition Mobile App
- Phone not included.
We will offer the Xentry worldwide. Orders outside the USA will be charged an additional $20 for shipping (for single Xentry).
We Appreciate Your Support
Xavage Technologies LLC and KalaVision truly appreciate your support. Without your support, Xentry can not be made a reality!
We have successfully demonstrated all of the features mentioned above with prototype hardware and software. Taking the project to the next level, from prototype to production, requires more resources. The following is what we currently see as risks and challenges:
- Updating Android prototype software to production ready.
- Completing iOS features implementation and bringing the software to product ready.
- Full product testing to iron out bugs.
- We are working with a manufacturer and have identified several alternate manufacturers. Before production starts, all of the designs need to go through Design for Manufacturing (DFM) to ensure finished product is robust.
- If final product quality is not to our standard, we will use our alternate manufacturer. Given our overall project schedule, this should not cause delay in our final delivery date.
At Xavage Technologies LLC (pronounced savage) we believe in reusing our smartphones. Our mission is to find new purposes for these unused devices. We integrate your old devices with our new housings and dedicated software to create practical solutions for everyday living.
Our special thanks to...
Chris from Sem3DDesign for great 3D modeling and prototyping.