NOTICE: T-Shirts and Mini Marker Discs have arrived and will be shipped out shortly. If you did not have a chance to pick it up at the event or in person, you should receive your perk within the next 3 weeks.
How you can help...
Basket Cases disc golf club was founded in 2013. Since then we have been an active part of the disc golf community, including making park improvements, hosting events, and growing the sport from a grass roots level.
On May 3rd and 4th, 2014 Joe Duncan and Garry Murphy will be making a Guinness World Record attempt for the most disc golf holes played in 24 hours. Breaking the current record will be fun and extremely challenging. With this event they hope to increase the awareness of disc golf in the community. We are asking for donations which will equally benefit both our club and Coloma Township Park District.
Our general goal as a club is to increase awareness of the sport of disc golf, to improve the park conditions, and encourage new disc golf courses to be designed and installed in more public parks. We believe in putting all the funds we generate right back into the sport. We ask that you help support not only our club’s initiatives, but also the Coloma Township and their parks program.
Note: You will be contacted about T-Shirt size after May 5th if you choose a T-Shirt perk.
What it means...
- 50% of everything raised will go to the Coloma Township Parks Department, 50% will go to club initiatives of public park improvement.
- Example of club initiatives are park improvements and basket replacements at Sergeant Means Park in Olympia Fields, IL and other parks.
Immediate funding for park improvements and safety concerns in both locations.
- Supporting our club mission to grow and expand awareness of Disc Golf
- Help park districts and have fun while doing it
- Bring new players to the sport
Other Ways You Can Help
- Get involved in your community and volunteer
- Support local clubs and organizations
- Ask about park cleanup days or other park events near you
- Be heard at township meetings and board meetings for your community
- Share with your friends using the links below!