Contributors fund ideas they can be passionate about and to people they trust. Here are some things to do in this section:
- Hi guys, my name is Bruce Hyde and I currently own and manage a successful business and I was a victim of a factory shutdown (Canadian General Electric). My team for this project consists of 2 university graduates Brian Lau and Jesse Prasad.
- This campaign is important to me because; early in my career, Canada was flourishing. Planes, trains, buildings and aerospace manufacturing were key to Canadian prosperity. The demand for labor was high, and opportunity was around every corner; there was work for everyone. Now that the world has adopted a globalized strategy, the younger generations will not be able to experience the type of prosperity I had when growing up. Now that all the work has been shipped to nations with little or no: safety standards, laws and regulations, labor laws, and environmental regulations. Not only does globalization make someone rich, it is destroying the lives of developed nations,leaving many unemployed. Factories are vanishing as we speak and there is no record of what there once was. I'm hoping to complete this documentary so it can serve as a learning guide/reference tool for the younger generations. It will showcase all the factories that once was, and depict the impact it had on the people. This documentary will also give its audience a boardroom seat that will look at the decisions made by factory executives.
What We Need & What You Get
Break it down for folks in more detail:
- We are looking raise $5000 to cover our production costs. Contributions will go towards:
- Camera Equipment
- Flight &Travel Expenses (to meet interviewees such as, Professors, Mayors, Industry Experts, Corporate Executives and more
- Licenses and Stock Material
- Legal fees
- Crew Fees
- Behind the scenes footage
- The finished documentary
- Tickets to Why the Factory launch party
- Exclusive backer updates
- WTF (Why the Factory) T-shirts
- And many more !
Feel free to explain more about your campaign and let people know how the difference their contribution will make:
- With this campaign you will understand the importance of manufacturing and factories have on the economy. It will also show the trends as to why they close and display a history of factories in Canada.
- Most people don't understand the impact that manufacturing has on you as a person, after watching this documentary you will be more aware of the association of betterment with manufacturing and the society.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Thanks for checking out our project page and for taking part in the "Making-Of" a worthwhile documentary by donating and sharing with the rest of the world.
- Please take a second to share this with your friends and like us on youtube WHY FACTORIES SHUTDOWN
And that’s all there is to it.