What Will This Film Be Like?
Romantic and absurd like "Heartbeats" by Xavier Dolan:
Madcap and hilarious like "I'm a Cyborg, But That's Okay" by Park Chan-Wook:
Here is a short film, "Last Breath" that I made last year:
1) My background: I am a young adult/student/artist. I am a prospective student at New York University for film and television production. I am an award-winning filmmaker. I am very passionate about the arts in general, and I am the manager of an art gallery in Raleigh, North Carolina. By working in the arts, I hope to benefit humanity in a positive light. If you curious, please ask, and I will send you a link to my art blog.
2) This film is super important because: It is necessary to make films that bring my community together, and reflect the culture from which I came. This film will feature local actors and iconic locations in Raleigh. This film is also very important for my filmmaking practice and career because I need to write, direct, and produce films in order to learn and grow as a filmmaker.
What We Need & What You Get
Here's what we will need funding for:
1) Feeding actors, so that they can keep acting and stay fresh for full days of shooting. (5 main actors and up to 40 extras)
2) Prop materials: costume pieces that we don't currently have, for example, a hot-pink silk robe, bunny ears, a fish, a large double cheeseburger, and fancy looking dinnerware for the party scene.
3) Renting lighting equipment. (To put it bluntly, the kind of film that we're shooting will only look beautiful if given beautiful lighting, so this is very important!)
4) This is hopeful, but I would really love to compensate my actors, producer, and contributing musicians will real American money instead of just hugs.
If I we receive more than our goal of funding, we will distribute it to all contributing artists: actors, musicians, cinematographer, graphic designer, director, and producer. If we don't reach our entire goal, we will work with what we have, but this funding will increase the ease of the filming process and make the film more aesthetically pleasing!
1) This film will provide funny, light-hearted, sincere, and unique entertainment for you, your friends, and your family!
2) This is the near the beginning on my film career, so as I continue to work within the medium, I may seek private funding for future projects. This project is a great way to connect with me for future projects. Of course, as I may restate, all individual or business contributors will be accredited appropriately in the film's credits, and all publications about the film itself.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you just can’t contribute financially, you can still help by:
1) Please share with your friends, who can donate or further share with their friends!
2) Please share your feedback, questions, comments, etcetera. Filmmaking is a collaborative process, and I am always open for recommendations.
Thanks you sincerely for your time and support,