Hi...I'm Bobby Messano. Many of you know me from all of my work over the years..some don't. I'm a Lifer....A Lifer musician, I've been doing this as a pro for over 35 years and I still love every second of what I do. I've had the luck and worked incredibly hard and my accomplishments have been many:
- Playing with some of my idols. (Steve Winwood,Clarence Clemmons)
- 1st Round Grammy nods (8)
- Playing on over 50 CD's
- Being inducted into the Blues Hall of Fame in December 2012
- STILL playing 125-150 shows a year in 30+ states.
- Recording a new CD every 1-2 years
- New release of a Live DVD
What I'm doing this Indiegogo for is pretty much a second round of funding for my new CD "Welcome To Deltaville" which I begin recording in Nashville on March 18th.
Here's The Real Skinny
After watching what Amanda Palmer did with crowd funding over the last year, I realised that you CAN do multiple funding campaigns over a year.
- What started as just a CD has now turned into something much larger and much more ambitious."Welcome To Deltaville" will be the follow up to "that's why i don't sing the blues" which came out in 2011 and garnered Eight 1st Round Grammy Nods. Because of that CD, a lot of fantastic folks wanted to be involved and help out on this one. The recording will now be done at one of the best studios in the world, SOUND EMPORIUM in Nashville in March and mixed in Denver in May. the production team is fantastic: GEOFF WILBOURN (who co-produced my last 2 CD's) JOE MICHAELS (Shaun Murphy, Ivan Neville) and Whitt Lehnberg (Alligator Records,Elvin Bishop)
- Here's what's happening with the recording...My partner in crime Steve Geller, will of course be on bass as always..Now that these heavy hitters are involved in such a MAJOR studio...I have MAJOR friends/players coming in to work on it. My bud Mel Watts on drums (Little River Band, Boy Howdy) .Blind Pig artist DEANNA BOGART(Multiple Blues Music Awards winner) on Sax, Piano and Vocals, Ivan Neville (Rolling Stones,Neville Brothers) on Keyboards and Vocals, Shaun Murphy (Eric Clapton, Bob Segar, Little Feat, Solo Artist) on Background Vocals, My great bud Seymour Duncan on guitar on a song. MAN!!
- So here's the deal...because of the involvement of all these amazing people the budget will be much more then I anticipated, even though they are being very kind to me. I still have airfares, lodging, food and a lot more to cover now, and a week off from shows....
So there you have it...I'm hoping this will be my Contemporary Blues Masterpiece. I have made great CD's, but this could just be my Pièce de résistance.
- I am coming up with as many cool rewards as I can and anything that my friends and fans can do to help out on this would be killer!!
- As those of you that know me can attest...I am out on the road 200 days a year, all over the radio and all over the Web...doing what many have said is " some of the "BEST BLUES/ROCK ON THE PLANET"
- Thanks for helping to my new supporters and my old supporters and fans, you keep me alive!!!.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some of ya'll are just not in a financial mode to contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- My friends PLEASE make some noise about the "Welcome To Deltaville" campaign and use Indiegogo share tools!