Community TV Network’s goal is to furnish its on-site classroom as a production stage with full green screen capabilities
Community TV Network (CTVN) is a pioneer and leader in providing access to understanding and using digital media arts in underserved communities.
Each year, CTVN empowers 650 of the highest-risk low-income youth and children in Chicago to use digital media to express their experiences, identify and explore issues in their communities, and share their ideas to create a better future for themselves and their neighborhoods.
CTVN employs highly qualified, diverse and engaging young professionals from a variety of media fields and academic programs to direct this dynamic process in order to achieve the following:
- Improve the educational success of high-risk students living in Chicago’s most marginalized communities.
- Stimulate positive youth development by engaging them in meaningful, creative activities that employ cutting-edge technology.
- Promote positive self-images among and about underrepresented youth.
- Integrate media arts into school curricula where youth can use media literacy skills and production techniques to strengthen learning in interdisciplinary settings
Putting a green screen production stage in the onsite classroom is going to amp up our programming capabilities and create new opportunities for the youth who participate!
With our new Hard Cover Studio, CTVN apprentices will:
- Expand their creative vision to produce timely, relevant news content that engages other teens
- Learn the most current technological innovations in the media industry
- Be empowered to play a larger role in the media landscape through increased efficiency of production.
- Produce news segments with higher production value that demonstrates their talent and skills
What We Need
Our new Hard Cover Studio will require:
- Green screen
- Roland V-4 Four Channel Video Mixer
- Compact light kit
- Microphones and Cables
What You Get
- A DVD of the best of Hard Cover!
- A fashionable shirt with the CTVN Logo
- A framed and signed photo of CTVN's new studio
- Virtual Handshake through our social media channels