War of Reckoning, an online real-time browser-based multiplayer strategy game
Recently graduated student of computer-science, I started creating and working at this game 8 months ago after quitting my job.
It all started years ago after having played endless hours of various games. I have never found that special x-factor that makes the game perfect, so I've decided to start my own little universe and try to design bits of every awesome gameplay I've encountered and bring them together in one game.
- Single-Player campaigns - you will be able to experience the story of the game by gaining control over a handful of units and completing various missions by eliminating threats and achieving objectives, using diferite unit abilities. Each campaign has its own set of rewards;
- Multi-Player instances - players will be gathering resources, expanding the military base, conducting battles and researching new technologies.
- will have its own campaign publishing system, as well as campaign editor, where any player can create its own small universe and share it with his/her friends;
- will also have unique multi-player instances on a colossal map (up to 100 players) where players will be able to simulate MMO-RTS gender;
- players will be able to contract various mercenaries (powerful units that possess various special abilities) and summon them in-game in order to aid them in battle;
- will have its own economy, where players will be able to buy and sell various items found and earned in campaigns.
For the future, I have planned multiple versions of stories, races and campaigns that will enhance the gaming experience.
A public demo of the game is available in its beta phase. You can register and play for free the beta version of the game at http://www.warofreckoning.com/. The current version contains a preview of 3 campaigns in single-player mode and a rough functionality in the multi-player game, it being in heavy development and testing. Playing the game requires only a browser.
The resources gained for the previous job were all invested in this project until now. My funds are beginning to decrease and I need financial support in order to carry on and finish it.
Up until now, I’ve managed to release a beta-version of the game. However, to finish and improve the current quality of the game engine I need extra funds, for the following areas:
- Hardware - the game engine runs on different servers. As the price for the servers increase, the quality of the in-game experience rises and the latency lowers;
- Additional in-game content - characters and units, as well as environmental objects are basically 3D models that cost money. Up until now, these models were purchased as you can see them, without further modification and personalization. Part of the campaign money will be invested in a full-time designer for creating and expanding the game’s content;
- Sounds and music - currently, there are no sound effects in-game, but I am planning on introducing various themed-sounds to increase the game experience;
- Expanding development - at the moment, I am working on every aspect of the game (development, design, gameplay, etc). In order to increase the pace of the project’s growth, I am in need of developers as well as designers to split the massive amount of time and work;
- Basic survival - given the fact that i currently invest 8 to 10 hours a day into this project, I have no income and live on personal savings from the past years, which are depleting fast.
Weather the campaign succeeds or fails, the money will still be invested as much as possible into the project to try and keep it alive. In case the campaign fails, the development will probably be reduced to 1 or 2 hours a day, me being forced to move on.
Thank you so much for checking out the War of Reckoning campaign. If you have any questions of any kind in any field, suggestions or just want to chat, don’t hesitate to send me an email at