*Update#1: We've hit 5,000$ ... now let's hit 10K!
Hey guys we're absolutely thrilled how fast things have been going. The response to our project has been absolutely overwhelming. We could never have predicted how fast and how big of an impact it would have on so many people... Every day we receive countless emails and requests from artists, photographers, fans giving their support and love. Just starting this project (and showing that it is WORTH IT to chase your dreams) has already had people telling us how inspired they felt just watching us work relentlessly on this project.
In one week here are a couple milestones we have managed to hit:
- A travel blog with a brand new theme and category with updates, photos and videos - www.vonwong.com/blog/europe
- Coordinate, skype and confirm photoshoots with the following artists (and more to come):
- Chester Van Bommel - Retoucher - www.artsome.be
- SX - Music band - www.sxmusic.be
- The Underwater Realm - Independant film group - http://www.theunderwaterrealm.com/
- Natasha Baker - Paraolympic Pardressage - http://www.natasha-baker.com/
- Andrey Das - Pyrotechnician - http://www.burncrewconcept.net/
- Ana Beschia (&co) - Ballerina from the National Slovakian Ballet - http://www.snd.sk/
- Cecilio Castrillo Martinez - Leather Mask Designer - http://www.leatherdesigns.es/
- A music sponsor for the BTS soundtracks - www.triplescoopmusic.com
- A facebook group to organize meetups with fans and supporters in Europe
- Framework for a free workshop in Paris for funders in collaboration with www.strobi.fr
- Swing a major sponsorship with www.SLRLounge.com who have offered to feature our videos on the front page of their amazing website (no pressure) as well as providing us with some free equipment from UNDFIND
- Got sponsored a set of Nasty Clamps to help us on our journey
- Got sponsored a Phottix 7" Hector to help us increase the awesomeness of our videos
- Designed and placed the order for the Sexy Von Wong silicon bracelets
- Purchase a vintage yellow polaroid and 5 packs of polaroid (though now we definitely need to buy more!!)
Ben & Erwan
This May, Von Wong Photography plans to raise 5,000$ to support an international collaboration that would combine both the surreal vision of Von Wong with a variety of artists across Europe to create a series of inspirational and visually stunning photo and video portraits.
Though 5,000$ would hardly be enough to support a pair of student backpackers for a month in Europe, those funds would help us get the financial boost we need to share our creativity and passion with not only the artists we plan on collaborating with but to also share their projects, motivations and innovative spirit with the rest of the world.
To help raise this small amount of money, we have turned to the help of IndieGoGo to help crowdfund this project...
This adventure begins on MAY 1ST in Brussels and ends on MAY 31ST in Barcelona!
What I have always found exciting about photography is the ability to create worlds... worlds that exist only in my mind until they are brought to reality. Expand that to include a multitude of artists to collaborate with and suddenly those worlds begin to grow, expand and breathe...
Now take that to the next level.
Imagine artists that are not only talented and unique...but that have also managed, despite all odds, to have the courage to find and pursue their dreams. Wouldn't you be interested in hearing their story?
Together with my videographer Erwan Cloarec, we have hunted for a range of exceptionally talented artists ranging from emerging music bands, leather mask designers, pyro-techniciens to independent film makers and more that have a story to tell, not only on photo... but also on video.
We want to tell those stories.
WHAT WE'LL GIVE:
A travel blog with details of our adventures… of the excitement that comes with planning a spontaneous creative road trip including short video clips and photos. We want you to travel with us and hope that our journey will inspire you to do the same with your passions.
Additionally, we will be putting out weekly passionately exciting documentaries of the artists we encounter as well as informative Behind The Scenes footage on the photoshoot process.
We're bringing you over 200 man hours of work to make this possible. Why? Because we can. But most importantly because we love what we do and we want to share that love and passion with you.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
In two word: support and money.
Share the word. Talk to your friends! Get them to support the project!
Without your support, we cannot afford to fund the entire project on our own. We have come up with a range of creative perks that you can purchase that will help us make this adventure a reality.
Rather than take away from what we offer, we decided that we could offer MORE for those that help make this trip a reality. For example, we promise to provide exclusive lighting or photoshop tutorials and products for our backers such as eDVDs that would contain exclusively detailed BTS footage on how shots were lit, what gear was used, as well as the post-processing that goes into the entire project.
HOW IS THE MONEY GOING TO BE USED?
Plane tickets, Car rental, Gas, More Gas (~10,000 kms of driving!), food, lodging… the base necessities. It doesn't look like much but 25 euros a day per person, per day over a month comes up to about 2000$! Anything more, will directly go to getting additional gear or props to increase the quality of our final production (dolly, jib, helicopter, unicorns…!)
OK! I'M CONVINCED! NOW WHAT?
Choose a perk on the right that interests you and follow the steps! Credit Card or Paypal, whichever works for you! Share it with your friends, family, social networks and more!
To us, this project is a challenge... a challenge to prove to the world that you don't have to follow the constraints that life imposes on you. That if you want, you can reach out and touch your dreams. It's never easy... to break away from the norm, to leave the safety of what's familiar and safe... and try something completely different but it can be done.
Thank you all for your support. Without you, I wouldn't be here today.