Travel to ancient lands and take part in the action and excitement of Abraham's life. Fierce battles, honor and glory, and the destruction of ancient evils await you on your path as you choose how your own story will play out.
We hold the Bible completely sacred, and we’ve gone to great lengths to maintain authenticity. For this reason, we formed an advisory team of four pastors and ministry leaders who work with us for the purpose of accurately portraying this amazing story, especially the more controversial aspects of it.
Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham is the first Christian video game of its kind: the top-notch graphics are visually-stimulating and the action-packed storylines will keep players engaged. Genesis is full of familiar stories, but they’ve never been told from this perspective. We start out just before Abraham leaves Haran, and because the main character is someone joining Abraham’s caravan, you’re right in the thick of the action.
Hundreds of characters, ancient cities, and hours of engaging sub-plots await in the immersive game world of “The Call of Abraham.” Players will not only be entertained as they build their character and face intriguing challenges, they will also have the opportunity to enrich their knowledge of the history and cultures surrounding Abraham’s famous journey.
- Bible Chronicles: The Call of Abraham is a single player, third person role playing video game which follows the story of Abraham in the Bible. The player takes on the role of a fictional Elamite outcast who is hired onto Abraham's caravan before departing Haran. This character was formerly a soldier of Elam and has skills that are very important for a perilous journey into unknown lands.
- Controlling your character and the GUI elements are similar to some of popular MMORPGs like World of Warcraft or Lords of the Ring Online.
- In the time of Abraham, much of Canaan had fallen under the controlling of the rising power of Elam to the east. As the player character is an Elamite outcast, this could present complications for the player throughout the game.
- Players will adventure in an open world spanning from Egypt to the eastern parts of Mesopotamia, completing tasks to help Abraham on his journey such as scouting new areas, defending the caravan, trading, and more.
- Numerous subplots bring depth and flesh out the historical and cultural context of the story, including the background story of the player character himself.
- We believe that the terrain is one of the largest ever made for an adventure video game. It would take many days of non-stop exploration to view it entirely if that was all that you did.
- In the Battle of Siddim, Chedorlaomer the King of Elam allied with three other kings to wage battle against five cities of southeastern Canaan. These events bring about an important revelation about the player character's own story.
We’ve spent years researching and planning all of the details – such as which historical Pharaoh we should build our character on (in the end, we decided Senusret I made the most sense) – and we have many of our cast of characters fully developed and almost entirely animated.
Our primary focus moving forward is the cinematic work, the completion of the many ancient cities in the game, wrapping up the numerous sub-plots which populate the game world, and then bringing it all together.
Phoenix Interactive Studios is located in Bakersfield, California and is led by its two co-founders Martin Bertram and Richard Gaeta.For the last ten years they have owned and operated a successful technology consulting and software development firm called I.T. Works which specializes in custom business software.
Prior to this, Richard worked for several Fortune 500 companies at various levels of management while Martin worked as a computer game designer on numerous projects going back to 1991 with several popular MUDs which were the precursor to today’s MMORPGs. He also authored a medieval fiction novel, published in 2006, titled Vanity of Vanities.
We are also blessed to have a great production team of 3D modelers, artists, and hard core game enthusiasts working for us as well, who are equally if not more excited to see the finished product. Our team members include James, Ryan, Mark, Travis, Chuck, Kunal, Jeffrey, Liuda, Saim, and Anakin (not Skywalker).
Our Bible Advisory Team
We have known most of our advisors for almost a decade, and we appreciate all of the time they take to to ensure our storylines and characters are true Biblical representations. Although we consider ourselves devoted Christians, it’s amazing how many details this team has caught and adjusted to make sure we stay accurate to the biblical record.