We love our pets and we love technology.
Vet24seven revolutionizes pet healthcare by making access to your veterinarian as close as your mobile device. Your life is busy and when the unexpected arises, you wonder whether you need to take your pet to the veterinarian right away or can the issue wait. Rearranging your busy schedule for a veterinary clinic visit can be challenging for you and stressful for your pet. You really don’t have time for a clinic visit but would like your question answered for peace of mind and the health of your pet. Vet24seven solves your problem.
Please back Vet24seven by checking out our Perks, and help us improve pet healthcare.
1. Open the app on your mobile device and select your personal or next available veterinarian from the Vet24seven Network to respond to your concern or question.
2. Select a desired time frame for a response to your inquiry and the method in which you would like to communicate.
3. Upload a photo and/or video of your concern, and provide a description.
4. Send it off to be answered by a Vet24seven veterinarian. The veterinarian receives your message, evaluates your request and responds via the app with a written response or live video chat, and instructions (e.g., written, photos, video) for a home-based course of action or recommendation for a veterinary visit, if necessary. This is called a v-consult (virtual consult).
5. Receive your answer.
The Vet24seven app brings personalized veterinary information and advice to your mobile device for your pet's non-emergency issues that arise in between your regular veterinary visits. The app has a simple user interface that allows you to communicate with your personal or the next available veterinarian, when you need one. The veterinarian will respond based on the urgency level you specify. Vet24seven will access a network of qualified veterinarians, so whether you are at home or away with your pet on vacation, you can reach a licensed veterinarian that is ready to help.
For example, you’ll be able to use Vet24seven to contact a veterinarian for:
- Medical Questions - skin conditions, growths, changes in eating, mobility or activity level, paw injuries, vomiting, aging and animals with chronic conditions (e.g., arthritis, joint and mobility issues, diabetes, kidney disease)
- Behavioral Issues - excessive barking, howling, scratching, biting, chewing furniture and belongings, urine spraying, clawing furniture
- General Questions/Advice - Pet food ingredients, pet food safety and recalls, safe pet toys and pet care products.
Backers, help your favorite pet rescue or shelter get $ credits toward v-consults!
Vet24seven is devoted to pet rescue and pet adoption ... in fact, one of our staff rescued Buddy, an abandoned dog living in an agricultural field for five months. See Buddy's inspirational rescue video here: https://www.facebook.com/BuddysFriends
Vet24seven is gifting $ credits toward v-consults to animal shelters, rescue organizations, and other agencies so new pet parents can get veterinary advice for their newest family member.
How does it work?
1. Back our project at the "Like" or higher level, and send us an email at email@example.com with the name of the organization you want to help. (Please include city and state to make sure we identify the correct one. US organizations only please.)
2. Share our Indiegogo project with friends so they can back it and name an organization too. Once an organization is named by 10 backers, we will gift that organization $ credits to give to new pet parents.
Lather, Rinse, Repeat. You and your favorite rescue or shelter organization are helping pets! For each organization (US-based organizations only) that gets mentions by our backers, Vet24seven will gift $ credits toward v-consults according to the following schedule:
10 backers = 2 x $40 credits
40 backers = 8 x $40 credits
100 backers = 25 x $40 credits
The app will first be available on the iOS/iPhone/iPad platform and will be available on Android within six months of the iOS version.
The funds raised will be used to complete the app development, build a network of qualified veterinarians, and get Vet24seven in the hands of pet owners and veterinarians everywhere.
The pricing of v-consults (e.g., medical, behavioral, general question/advice) will vary based on factors such as urgency and type of communication selected. We anticipate the average v-consult to be priced at approximately $40.
- Easy to use interface.
- Contact with your current veterinarian, a nearby veterinarian or the next available online veterinarian any time of the day or night, whether you are at home or traveling.
- Your choice of response times, veterinarian, and method of communication with the veterinarian.
- Variable v-consult pricing based on your selections.
- Communicate updates to your pet's veterinarian, receive information following v-consults, clinic visits and post surgery care communication, and receive news regarding pet food recalls, etc.
- Ability to manage the care of multiple pets, and consolidation of your pet’s care history and information within the app.
- Access to a network of veterinarians that are licensed, screened, and rated by Vet24seven app users.
- Quick location of the nearest veterinarian in case of emergency.
Yes. Vet24seven is available for all pets/animals (e.g., cats, dogs, horses, reptiles, birds, livestock).
- Being a "tap" away from a veterinarian for personalized advice, behavioral issues and general questions.
- Allowing you to send photos, video and a description of your pet’s issue to a veterinarian so they can see what you are seeing and describing, and be able to respond in the time frame you have selected.
- Convenience of caring for your pet anywhere, and avoiding scheduling conflicts, traffic and time constraints.
- Reducing anxiety on your pet, especially cats and aging or chronically ill pets, by avoiding a stressful trip to the veterinary clinic.
- Making pet healthcare affordable, simpler, easier and enhancing your pet's care in between standard veterinary visits.
- Peace of mind knowing you are acting quickly on behalf of your pet with expert veterinary feedback.
The Vet24seven Network consists of licensed veterinarians and veterinary technicians working under the umbrella of Vet24seven veterinarians. All veterinary professionals are screened prior to being accepted into the Vet24seven Network and are rated by the users of the Vet24seven app.
The extent to which a veterinarian can respond to your Vet24seven request depends on your pet’s medical issue and/or whether the veterinarian has previously seen your pet and knows its medical history.
We have assembled a technical team with more than 50 years combined experience in software and app development. Our marketing and development team has decades of experience in fields including veterinary, biology, and medical devices, so they know how to develop meaningful and useful products. Everyone on our team came to Vet24seven from previous successful projects or business ventures, so we all have a proven track record.
We have conducted some formal testing on and prototyping of app features and use cases pertaining to v-consults for various pet health care questions. We have also consulted with veterinarians on the best method of communications with them in order to provide the best advice for the client and pet. We understand the regulations that limit a veterinarian’s ability to provide medical diagnosis and treatment without a personal clinic visit. The Vet24seven app will follow all national and state veterinary association clinical regulations and guidelines for veterinary medicine.
On the pet owner side, we are looking to grow adoption by having backers of our project become our first users. On the veterinarian side of the network, our marketing and business development team has been working over several years gathering information on the veterinary market, attending trade shows and consulting with veterinarians. As a result we have already built a network of veterinarians excited to participate in Vet24seven.
Product feedback from both pet owners and veterinarians has been positive. Pet owners overwhelmingly indicate they would use the app, and some veterinarians have already asked to sign onto the Vet24seven Network. The excitement has been growing as pet owners and veterinarians see Vet24seven revolutionizing pet healthcare.
Be part of the revolution and join us by backing our project!