eigoMANGA is a production and publishing company that specializes in creating original comic books, animation, and digital media. The company formed an independent game development studio in January 2011 to localize and publish independent Japanese games.
Vanguard Princess is eigoMANGA's first game release. The game is a classic 2D fighting game for the PC that features an all-female cast each with their own unique fighting style. The game is created by Tomoaki Sugeno.
We're all excited that players all over the globe are playing Vanguard Princess on Steam.
- Vanguard Princess launched on Steam in March of 2014 and is actively played by Steam gamers in approximately 131 countries.
- There is an absolute need for a netplay component to this game. Indie developers and hobbyists have been trying to create a solid one for years.
- The current netplay applications developed for Vanguard Princess (Lunaport and MSTP) are too complicated for average gamers, doesn't have a dedicated server, and doesn't work for Steam.
- We have set up an Indiegogo campaign that will reward the developers who create solid a Netplay application that will work on the Steam version of Vanguard Princess.
- Developers can download the Vanguard Princess Developer Tool Kit to gain the necessary files to start developing the Netplay application.
- Developers have general creative and technical freedom on how they would like to develop the Netplay application.
Developers can submit their applications to business@eigoMANGA.com.
- The winning application must be easy for every gamer to use, have a creative yet professional UI/UX design, and it must work with the Steam version of Vanguard Princess.
- The Netplay Application will be a free DLC on Steam.
We have a campaign goal of $10,000 (USD) we want to reach with your help. Your support is greatly appreciated to the extent that we have exciting benefits and incentives based on your level of contribution.
Take a look at some of our choice incentives:
Exclusive Gamer Server Access And Game Assets Perks ($50)
- Get a copy of Vanguard Princess for Steam
- Early Access to the Beta DLC
- AccessVanguard Princess Netplay dedicated server
- Exclusive Steam assets such as wallpapers
- Trading cards, backgrounds, and emoticons
- The original game soundtrack
- Game assets such as levels and stages
- Character sprite sheet of every playable character
- A special Thank You card
Producer Title And San Diego Comic-Con 2013 Perks ($1,000)
- Get all of the previous perks
- 4-day Industry Pass to Anime Expo 2014*
- 5-day Guest Pass to San Diego Comic-Con 2014*
- 'Producer' title in the game credits
- Access to Netplay Developer's Blog
- Exclusive Vanguard Princess Poster
- Exclusive Vanguard Princess T-Shirt
- Official Vanguard Princess MONOPOLY Board Game
- Limited Edition Yui import figurine
- Limited Edition Luna import figurine
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Is The Campaign Goal $10,000?
We've been approached by several game development firms in the past to add a multiplayer component to Vanguard Princess. The average range of bids was $10,000.
If we raise the goal but fail to find a winning Netplay application then we will contract the project to a game studio that specializes in online multiplayer game development to take over the project.
A solid Netplay DLC for Vanguard Princess will get done because it's needed.
Isn't There Already A Vanguard Princess Netplay Out There?There are great Netplay application for Vanguard Princess such as Lunaport and MTSP. The challenge with those applications is that they are really hard for average gamers to use; they have to be familiar with their computer's network settings and sometimes have to reconfigure them.
Also for these applications to work with players over the internet both players have to have the same version of Vanguard Princess and be in sync, which means their file sizes and game settings have to be the same.
And lastly, there isn't a dedicated server anywhere to host Vanguard Princess netplay on a large scale. All of these issues just makes netplay too complicated for average gamers.
We want a Netplay DLC that makes it easy for anyone to play against others online. Steam is ideal for Vanguard Princess Netplay because Steam's cloud-base platform allows its community of gamers to have updates and synced versions of the game automatically. Through Steam, players get updates to the game; with a Netplay DLC in place, they can find, sync with, and play against other Vanguard Princess gamers over the internet.
Call To Action:
Let's Rally Together For A Better Vanguard Princess Game Experience
- Since 2009, Vanguard Princess has built a loyal international following of gamers.
- Fans rallied together to successfully vote Vanguard Princess into Steam through Greenlight in October 2013.
- Vanguard Princess is now played by gamers in approximately 131 countries.
Vanguard Princess deserves a netplay feature, so let's come together and reward the developers out there who are talented, passionate, and skilled enough to make the Vanguard Princess an even better gaming experience.
eigoMANGA Is Organizing A 4-Day Vanguard Princess Hackathon At FanimeCon 2014 In San Jose, CA
Fans of Vanguard Princess are invited to hack and develop content to improve the game. The emphasis is to develop a highly requested online multiplayer support for the game. Get access to developer tools, form a team, then hack away throughout FanimeCon! The best demos will win prizes. Sign up for the Hackathon
The 3-Day Hackathon will be hosted at FanimeCon (The Fairmont - Downtown San Jose, CA)
Day - 1 (Kickoff)
Friday, May 23, 2014 in Panel Room #3
Day - 2 (Hack Day and Coach Support)
Saturday, May 24, 2014 in Panel Room #3
Day - 3 (Demo Night)
Sunday, May 25, 2014 in Panel Room #3
On Demo Night, Hackathon teams will present their demos to the public as well as a panel of judges. The best demos will win prizes.
The top prize for the best Netplay application could be a share of the Indiegogo Campaign Funds.
Sign Up For The Hackathon
*Passes to San Diego Comic-Con or Anime Expo 2014 does not include travel and hotel accommodations.