Short SummaryMy name is Elvira Yang, many of you know me as a hardware manufacturer and from my online shop www.reprapdiscount.com A friend and me, we got an ideea about developing a board which we believe to cover most of the needs of the reprap community for now and for the future.
What We Need, What You Get, and What is RUMBACurrently the electronics prices for reprap, mendel, prusa, etc, based printers can range from $150 to $200 per set. I mean, especiall the parts like the main board, mega2560, the shield based on ramps and A4988 stepper drivers. We combined all in one, we improved it and made it even more affordable.
One year ago, the prices for 3D printers were high, but nowdays, in order to remain competitive, manufacturers of opensource 3D printer kits are looking for any possible way to cut the cost, but in same time they still would like to offer to their customers a good quality product, and this is not an easy task.
RUMBA (R.eprap U.niversal M.ega B.oard with A.llegro driver)
* fully integrated all in one solution
- Arduino 2560-R3 compatible (works with Sprinter, Repetier, Marlin out of the box)
(easy to change/flash firmware for end user)
- ATmega16U2 (with enhanced firmware) for high speed USB serial connection (up to 2MBit)
* UNIVERSAL POWER:
- can be used with 12V-35V for motors / heated bed
- integrated high precision power regulators for:
- 12V (FAN/Light/...)
- 5V (ATmega2560/Logic)
- power input selector for ATmega/logic (stand alone or power from USB)
* easy DISPLAY + SD-CARD connector
- RepRapDiscount SmartController compatible pin header on board
* up to 6 motor driver with easy micro stepping setup (micro switches)
- TRIPLE extruder
- DUAL Z driver and DUAL extruder
* 5x temperature ADC connectors
- e.g. 3x extruder thermistor + 1x heated bed thermistor + 1x chamber thermistor
* 5x PWM capable power mosfet outputs (3 with voltage selector for MainPower/12V)
- e.g. 3x (MainPower) extruder heater cartridge/power resistor + 1x (12V) fan + 1x (12V) light
* 1x PWM capable power mosfet with extended cooling area for heated bed
* 6x end stop connectors with power supply
- can be used for mechanical, opto, hall, ... end stops
* screw terminals *and* pin header for easy motor connection
- can be used with existing 4 pin Molex plug on motor cable
- easy to attach cables without plug
* USB connector and pin header
- pin header is useful when mounting in a small box
* Power and ALL unused pins available on EXP-3 feature connector
- +5V and +12V
- 2x ADC
- 2x PWM I/O
- 4x I/O
* full JTAG support
- JTAG can be used during full operation (no shared pins)
(easy to develop/debug new or optimized firmware using Atmel Studio)
Yes, this an open-source project. All files will be released once we get it to final production version.
When can i get my R.U.M.B.A board?
50 prototypes has been already assebled, debugged and tested, we are ready to start the production. This mean, you will getting your perks, no matter if this campaign will be funded or not. The shipping will start immediately next day after this campaign ends.
We are using Fedex or DHL, you will get your board just 2-4 days after this campaign ends and the best thing is, the shipping is FREE
Some information about the payment and warranty terms
Thank you for your support,