Sadly the video that was here showing the US Navy and the areas we are trying to rebuild has been removed...
The Bottom Line
Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) , the storm that devastated the Philippines, is at the top of the 12 most powerful storms on record. Ormoc City (Philippiines) was hit badly when the Super Typhoon Haiyan came through, destroying the whole city and leaving thousands and thousands homeless and without food. Be a person of action and not just words.
- We are a team of caring individuals and we are working hard for people in need..and We need your help too.
- In past years we have given private family donations to various families in need to repair their homes from storms and provided funding for education for those who could not afford it on their own but had the drive to succeed.
- My team and I have a great appreciation for the people of the Philippines. It is one of the worlds poorest countries yet they are a kind and resilient people, we have strong bonds to loved ones, friends and neighbors on the island of Leyte which was where Typhoon Haiyan made land fall and also destroyed the city of Tacloban.
- Campaign founder- Humble 32 yr old man from the Florida Gulf Coast currently living in South Korea and traveling regularly to the Philippines over the past 4 yrs, I work in Telecommunications, I'm an active 13 yr veteran of the US Armed Forces and a philanthropist on a budget.
- You can help us achieve the critical repairs and ground up rebuilding of multiple homes for residents living around Ormoc City. This is an opportunity to provide safe homes that will be a cornerstone for rebuilding their lives, sheltering families from future typhoons and preventing further loss of life and tragedy.
- It is a gift that will be seen as a positive reminder everyday of our humanity.
What We Need & What You Get
- Our goal is to raise a minimum of $25,000 allowing for purchasing raw construction materials to accomplish at least 2-5 100% rebuilds and 5-10 home rebuilds requiring 50% or less reconstruction and many other repairs.
- Each and every dime and dollar will go directly to the Ipil community families on the southern edge of Ormoc City Leyte, many of who are now homeless. As this Campaign continues a family of 7 is finding shelter using a camping tent that I brought there in May.
We are upload records and updates continuously for these families and be providing the same as we build along with photographic documentation (with permission) for each household that your donations touch. Already started!
- I'm hoping to be on ground in Ormoc around 3 Jan 2014 to help with clean up, construction and talk with the families we are helping. This will take many months.
5% of Campaign fees gets returned to the cause once the Funding Goal is met!
Knowing the difference your contribution will make:
- Home is where it starts and where we always are supposed to feel safe. Every father or mother strives to shelter those they love. The sooner people can safely shelter their loved ones the sooner they can focus on rebuilding their community.
- Funding will be provided to families as needed to provide critical structural repairs and basic materials (Concrete, Timber, Steel and Roofing) as a first priority.
All monies will continue to only be handled by trusted persons of the highest integrity to ensure there is no fraud or waste.
- This project being realized is one of the most expedient and direct ways of delivering people to safe and sanitary conditions and providing protection from future storms.
- This project is about selflessness and trust.
Some funds have been already been privately received and committed to tools needed for construction and power generation. It will take months to restore commercial power to the surrounding residential communities and some people are walking 12-15km per day to charge a cell phone in the few places with power.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:
- Please get the word out and help me with this campaign.
- Here are other ways to make general contributions to the Typhoon Haiyan relief across the Philippines:
- The World Food Program http://wfpusa.org/
- The American Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/news/article/Typhoon-Haiyan-Disaster-Alert
- Emergency Medical Aid http://www.americares.org/who-we-are/newsroom/news/monster-cylone-typhoon-haiyan-yolanda-strikes-philippines.html
- Philippines Red Cross http://www.redcross.org.ph/
- The Salvation Army http://salvationarmyusa.org/
- Shelter Box http://shelterboxusa.org/index.php
- Shelterfor https://twitter.com/ShelterforOrg Active on the ground in Ormoc and Samar Island now
And that’s all there is to it. May God Bless You for your consideration and any donations.
If your have any concerns or questions or ideas to help make this more successful feel free to email us (address on my profile). We are on this everyday and committed to making it successful.