Hi, my name is Philip and I have been drawing ever since I could remember. I live in a small town on the North Coast of KwaZulu Natal called Ballito. Art is my creative outlet, I can honestly say I know what I want to do with my life... study Art and find my inner voice as an artist and as an individual.
I’m raising money for a road trip from Durban to Cape Town to visit Michaelis School of Fine Art and for the art material needed to prepare my entry exam portfolio.
I have a big dream of going to study the one thing I’m really passionate about - ART ! I am appealing to you if you could please help me make this dream a reality.
I'm hoping to travel from Durban to Cape Town and back. I will pass through the Wild Coast and the Garden Route which is one of the most beautiful parts of South African coast line. I can just Imagine the Cape Point where the two oceans meet, the wine farms and the cold waters of Blouberg all in one place. When I return I will travel the inland route through the semi-desert of the Klein Karoo and the lovely farming towns. My journey ends in the Dolphin Coast of KwaZulu Natal.
I will make plenty of sketches and drawings along the way and use them to prepare for my entry exam portfolio.
The funds raised will go towards:
- A ten days long trip from Durban to Cape Town and back including transport, accommodation and all living expenses
- Art material needed to compile the visual diary and an art portfolio
- Donation to Livingstone Primary School in Durban a short- term remedial school for children with learning difficulties; which I proudly attended for three years (5% of any amount of money raised)
- Campaign costs (perks material and shipping, Indiegogo hosting & bank charges)
Any extra money, if raised, will be used to buy the art material such as paints, canvases, books etc.
All the perks listed on the campaign page, some of which includes my art work! Once on the road, I will be keeping a visual diary which I'll be sharing with you via social media, along with all the excitement every step of the way.
If you are unable to donate, don't worry, you can still help by:
- Sharing this campaign link on your social network pages (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Checking out my website
- Joining me on Facebook
- Supporting my YouTube channel
- Sharing your thoughts and comments by following me on Twitter
Your donations and support will help me to continue learning and expressing my self through the wonders of art.
A big thank you,
“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” Edgar Degas