Making it Happen!
"Someone, at some point, came up with this very bad idea that an ordinary individual couldn't make a difference in the world"...Jeff Skoll, Founder Ebay and Skoll Foundation
We are TRIBE of LAMBS! A new online retail space committed to providing one of a kind (and totally awesome) products to our consumers. We're encouraging conscious shopping and sparking compassion in our suppliers, customers and beneficiaries...and actually, anyone who comes our way.
Our full circle business model can be broken down into three easy parts;
- In the interest of building relationships and supporting economies in more rural communities, we seek out artisans and small business owners producing unique fair trade products, which include jewellery, leather goods, clothing, textiles and home wares. We will be working together to invest in both artisan designed products as well as doing some custom designing of our own.
- Once our orders have been carefully selected to suit our market and customer needs, we make the products available globally through our stylish, user friendly and customer engaged web store.
- Proceeds from each item will then be redistributed back into the community, which it came from, through partnerships with established and local run, non government organizations reaching at risk children. As a result of collaborating on smaller and measurable projects with these NGO's, we can successfully aid in the protection, education, development and nourishment that every child deserves.
- The talented craftsmen and ambitious business owners have been sought out, are excited to be involved in our vision and are eagerly awaiting first orders from us.
- We've partnered up with the Vashisht Children's Ashram and Sudeshana's Children's home, both near Manali, Himachal Pradesh. These extraordinary organisations are aiding orphaned or abandoned children with limited or NO funding and are grateful to be the first beneficiaries of our business.
- The magnitude of your generous donation will not only be helping us gain the seed capital necessary to launch our business but you also be aiding in the purchase of new winter jackets and boots (as well as underwear and sanitary napkins) for these 52 Children in the homes mentioned above.
"Nothing important happens in life without a cost"...Jacqueline Novogratz, Founder and Ceo Acumen Fund
Seed Capital + Winter Clothes = Custom REWARDS!
Let's break it down for you, WE NEED:
- $2500 - Merchandise orders and delivery: A small initial investment to get our shop rolling and our customers smiling.
- $2500 - Website design and development: We need to build a super fab, creative and customer friendly website and store with our friends at Superfein Creative Studio
- $500 - Towards product photography and packaging: Because seeing and receiving is fun too!
- $1325 + -Vashisht Children's Ashram & Mrs. Sudeshana's Children's Home: Regardless of how much is raised, $1325 of our funding will buy 32 children at Sudeshana's and 20 Children at Vashisht warm clothes for the Himalayan winter ahead. We aren't the only ones who want to feel AND look good!
- This project is valuable to you through participating in a new wave of shopping, engaging, sharing and thinking. The value also lies in supporting global communities as the world is plentiful yet resources and monetary support are lacking. It is only through togetherness that will create the world that we want to live in and share.
- Our team is built up of professionals and philanthropists in fashion, administration, creative design and education and are devoted to using their valuable skills to aid in social change.
- We are 100% committed to keeping you involved and up to date on the impact we are making in the lives of others. Through detailed information and personal stories on our artisans and team members, partnerships and travels you are given assurance that your contribution is being directed and applied immediately to the campaign goals.
No one said it would be easy!
Lets be real, with any big investment comes big risk and of course many challenges.
- Through anticipating the financial, operational, strategic, compliance and political demands involved in starting up a social enterprise, we are working to embed a culture of risk management into our business model.
- We are learning too! Believing in a vision isn't always enough. Through keeping our team engaged in the global community and building our network, we are able to seek assistance in areas which we are lacking.
- We are full believers that the potential to succeed and the determination to make a difference greatly outweighs any challenge ahead.
Last but not least!
Everybody has something to contribute!
- We know not everyone is able to donate, but we appreciate your support in spreading our vision with those who can.
- Please take a view minutes to share our video, tell a friend, call your Grandma and if nothing else just do good in the world! Be inspired! We love you!