tráfico is an American crime drama about the dark and invisible side of human trafficking within the United States.
tráfico takes place in a small town, twenty-miles from New York City and is told through the lives of five main characters, all intimately involved in the violent and criminal trade of human beings.
tráfico is a character driven story that provides the audience a glimpse into the lives of the women and children who are bought, sold, and forced to serve in the sex trade, the pimps, jons, and criminals responsible, and those dedicated to the trades end game.
The series takes a hard look at the darker side of human nature through the characters in tráfico who find themselves within a world where no one is who they seem and every body has a price.
The ImpactHuman trafficking is the trade in human beings, commonly for the purpose of sexual slavery, forced labor or for the extraction of organs or tissues. It generates billions of dollars of profit each year, making it one of the world’s fastest growing criminal enterprises in the world with women and children making up the majority of the victims.
There is no doubt this kind of trade embodies the darker side of humanity. It is everywhere and it is invisible. While it is true that the majority of human trafficking victims are from other countries, the FBI reports that 33% of victims in documented cases in the United States are Americans.
The purpose of the show is to raise social awareness using the dramatic narrative. We believe that we can accomplish this goal by using in a dramatic setting with characters audiences can relate to. Your support can help us this create awareness and in addition help start the careers of some very talented actors, artist, and filmmakers.
- Season 1 will be made up of 12 episodes, following an episodic/serial hybrid, with a chiastic story structure with three-act episodic overlay. Episodes 1, 6, and 12 will be 20 to 30 minutes in length, with Episodes 2-5 and 7-11 being 10 to 15 minutes in length.
- Each episode will begin with a cold opening, followed by a 40 second title montage featuring key moments from previous episodes. The series will be shot and edited a Cinéma vérité’ style, following a three act 30/50/20 structure with a cliff hanger at the end of each episode.
- First Season episodes will be released bi-weekly, via Facebook.
- The entire first season will be edited into a full length two part Digital feature and distributed on VOD via iTunes, Amazon, and other VOD services.
- Additionally tráfico will be submitted to national and international film festivals.
- “tráfico” is geared toward men and women aged 18 to 65+, who are fans of crime dramas like AMC's Breaking Bad, and HBO's The Wire.
Visual Style/Cinematic Influences
- "tráfico" is cinematically inspired by the aesthetics of other American crime dramas like AMC's Breaking Bad and HBO's The Wire, and is told in a storytelling style akin to Paul Haggis storytelling style in his 2004 crime drama Crash.
- Other cinematic influences from films like Apocalypse Now, Heart of Darkness, Memento, and Reservoir Dogs.
- Earth tones, dull colors used to convey the dark and dreary world with splashes of red to visually emphasize emotion.
Executive Producer/Creator/Director Joseph Eulo
Producer(s) Aisha Casey, Michael Fels, & Yerania Del Orbe
1st Assistant Director Heloisa Barroso
Director of Photography Jon Mendez
Unit Production Manager Grete Miller
Production Designer Holly Boardman
Art Director Ana Andueza
Hair/Makeup Supervisor Dylann Stahl
Special Effects Supervisor Rebecca Sorokac
Visual efx Supervisor John Eagan
Music Supervisor Stacy Bechtel
Composer Anthony Sepulveda
Storyboard Artist Elsa Bermudez, Luralan Hicks
Story Development Joseph Eulo, Elsa Bermudez, Mike
Fels, Nicholas Iorio, Brian Paul Mendoza, Brendan Burke, ,
R. Earl Harris,
Luis Andrade Luis Ruales
Sophia Andrade Yerania Del Orbe
Fernando Miguel Ortiz Giovanni Olivera
Mickey Casey Adam Perabo
Maxine Finley Lauralan Elise Hicks
Damien Howard Harold B. Gibson
Isabella Marchello Annet Artani
Fed. John Cerami Tom Bentey
Federal agent Jessica DiGiovanni
Giovanni (Gio, Pathfind3r) G. Paul Salvetti
Detective Natalia Hernandez
Federal DA Marci Hopkins
Cpt. Joe Bentey Michael J. Walker
Internal Affairs Captain Paul Nielsen
Det. Philip Cherry Michael Bonaventura
Attorney MaryAnn Bonczek
Det. Nick Cavella Charles DelGatto
Det. Jacob Weiss Eddy Privitzer
Antonio Rodriguez Jose Alvarez
Vanessa (Damian's WIfe) Lydiana Medellin
Manuel Marbel Melendez
Fernando's GF Sol Salcedo
Carla Ortiz (Fernado's Mother) Yvette Mercedes
Janine (Mickey's Girl) Elsa Bermudez
Rocco Agabiti Gregory Argenti
Fernando's BodyGuard Alfredo Rengifo
What We Need & What You Get
Break it down for folks in more detail:
- Our goal is to raise $32,000 to cover the cost of producing Episodes 1 and 2 These will represent the Pilot episode that we will package and pitch to network tv.
- Funds will pay for travel expenses, props, equipment rentals, craft services, permits, production insurance, and trafico perks and swag.
- Perks included Thank you on the tráfico's Facebook fan page, a digital link to episode teasers and trailers, exclusive fan/supporter preview, an opportunity to give feedback on episodes before they air. Access to Behind the Scenes video and photos, including interviews with the cast and crew, signed scripts, and tráfico's character bible, exclusive art work by the members of the cast, a thank you in the season credits, digital download of season soundtrack, a cameo appearance in a episode, your name in the credits, VIP tickets to the series premiere in NY/NJ. Lunch with the producers,VIP invite to the season one wrap party, A bag of trafico swag, autographed cast poster, Copy of Directors notes and storyboards, new heels and soles for your favorite pair of shoes by Luis from Roselle Shoe Repair.
7 Other Ways You Can Help
- Share our Indiegogo campaign with you family and friends
- Like tráfico on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/trafico.webseries,
- Buy a tráfico t-shirt (Link Coming Soon)
- Allow us to shoot at your home or business.
- Loan us a prop or vehicle to use in an episode.
- Donate water or food for a production day.
- Come to our official launch party on May 9th, 2013 in NYC (http://goo.gl/YkhWH2)