Funded! Purchase yours at fusechicken.com
What is togoDock?
Have you ever pulled that tangled and knotted iPhone cable out of your bag?
Are you sick of cords scattered all over your kitchen counter?
Do you wish your car mount charged your phone without a separate cable?
Meet togoDock, the world's first magnetically-integrated portable dock and charge cable. Using high-strength magnetics, you can turn just about any surface into a portable iPhone dock.
Each togoDock Perk Includes:
- MFI Certified Lightning Connector: for iPhone 5s, 5c, 5
- Embedded Magnets: strong enough to hold iPhone as a dock
- Built-in Backstop: for stability and support
- Cable Wrap: to keep your cord tidy while on-the-go
- Disc Mount: create a mounting surface anywhere. Includes 2 mounts
- Car Adapter: includes USB car adapter
- Standard USB: use it worldwide with any USB charge port
What is PLUGdock?
PLUGdock converts an Apple iPhone charging cable into an outlet-mounted dock. Use it in the kitchen, your nightstand, your office, or anywhere you have an outlet. PLUGdock is available as an add-on perk. Once you contribute for togoDock, just come back and select the PLUGdock add-on perk to process it as an additional perk.
Available for US version of Apple charging only at this time. However, we are awaiting the arrival of the international versions in order to finalize the design for those also.
Who is [Fuse]chicken and what is the Une Bobine perk?
Fuse Chicken is a small company of a few guys who like to create cool things. We're all engineers, designers, and tinkerers. A few years ago, we had the idea for a cool little iPhone cable that could hold your iPhone in the air while charging. A whirlwind month later and we had crowd-funded Une Bobine for $212,000 with over 4000 backers! Fast forward two years and we're back with our third campaign. We do this because we love the crowd funding community and the interaction with our backers and supporters. With everything in life, this is not about the destination... it's about the journey. And we'd love to have you come along with us.
What We Need & What You Get
- In order to bring togoDock to market, we need your help to cover startup mold costs and the initial production run. We've had previous successul crowd-funding campaigns, so there should be no surprises once funded.
- We've got some great perks for you... your very own togoDock perks plus a few awesome add-ons like our last crowd-funded project, Une Bobine for iPhone 5s, 5c, and 5!
- Because we are running an all-or-nothing funding campaign, we need to reach the goal to receive the funds. If we don't reach our goal, all funding will be returned.
Other Ways You Can Help
We understand that some people can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can't help and join in on the journey with us:
- Just under the project video, you'll find some awesome sharing links for Facebook, Twitter, and others. Help us get the word out!
What devices does togoDock work with?
togoDock uses the Apple Lightning connector and will work with the following devices:
- iPhone 5s, 5c, 5
- iPad 4th Generation, Air (charge/sync only. Not as a dock)
- iPad mini, mini with Retina (charge/sync only. Not as a dock)
- iPod Touch 5th Generation
- iPod Nano 7th Generation
What cases does togoDock work with?
This depends on the Apple MFI approval process. We have shown togoDock with the design that we know it can be approved based on the MFI approval of Une Bobine. This requires the connector to be 40mm x 6mm where it attaches to the phone. This will allow it work with nearly all cases that have an open bottom. We are working towards MFI approval with an alternate design that will attach to nearly all cases. See the project update for renderings of the design that will work with cases.
Can I use the headphone jack?
The Apple MFI approval process will also affect the headphone accessibility. See the updates for photos of the design that will allow headphones to be used. If this can't be approved, the headphones may not be accessible. We have tested Une Bobine, our prior iPhone charge device with USB Car Audio inputs available in many newer vehicles and are pleased to let you know that it works perfectly. Since we're using the same Apple connector, we expect togoDock will work great with USB Car Audio.
Our commitment to you!
As with all of our past crowd-funded projects, we are committed to being open about the entire project, process and any delays. Crowd-funding is about sharing the journey with you in addition to the funding. So here is what you can expect from us:
1. You will receive a reply to all comments, emails, messages, and questions. You read that correctly. Every. Single. One.
2. We will send a project update every Friday. This starts from day one and goes until your perks have shipped. Of course, we will always send an update early if we have big news that can't wait until our regular Friday update.
I have more questions!
Drop us a line at email@example.com
Max Borges Agency