I’m Olivia Lee from the band There’s Talk.
We’re soon to be releasing our debut record recorded in part by myself, Nic De La Riva (Doe Eye), and Ian Pellicci (Yann Tiersen, Rogue Wave). It was mixed by Ian at the legendary Tiny Telephone and mastered by Bob Weston (John Vanderslice) at CMS. It features photography by myself and cover art by Gregory Euclide (Bon Iver self titled).
We’re on a mission to make a visually stunning independent music video directed by the up-and-coming photographer and cinematographer, Marta Dymek. Her work is uniquely creative, boldly expressive, captivating, and well, completely badass.
(Marta with a glowing donut)
The video will tell a story of two characters living in solitude, never coming in contact with each other until the lines of separation get blurred. This is a tale of finding magic in the seemingly mundane, and making the best out of what you have.
Here's a little sneak peek of one of the characters in the video. This is just a "rough draft" of the costume. I can't wait to see the final result.
Marta has directed, shot, and edited a handful of works ranging from intensely moving (varúð : Sigur Rós) to perfectly nostalgic (Kropki i Kreski). In short, her films tell stories that give me the feels. And she’s done it impressively on little to no budget.
We’ve been storyboarding an epic music video and she’s selected an extremely talented crew:
Starring - Sara Zadeh & Alexzandria Jade
Director/DP - Marta Dymek (www.martadymek.com)
Producer - Gary Febus (www.beautybygary.com)
Costume Designer - Alethea Winchester
1st A.C. - Zack Sainz
Some of the things we’re hoping to have the opportunity to rent/use:
- Camera Red EPIC (hope to make this a reality)
- Prime lenses, ultra primes, battery packs, HMIs
Lighting, lasers, magical things
Generator (for lighting and, let's be real: lasers)
Transportation to super secret mystical location
2 days of kraft services for the crew
A ton of handmade set design (mood below)
We humbly invite you to be part of helping us push our creative limits and make this world tangible, if only for a few moments.
We have special packages and skills we’d love to trade you for your good faith in us.
Some things we’ll do in return:
- A photoshoot with Marta. Limited quantities. She’s usually busy hustling.
- A songwriting/production workshop/puppy playdate.
- The band will play at your shindig/house/wedding/event/bar mitzvah.Special campaign pricing. If it’s a presumably not-depressing event we’ll even tweak our set for the occasion.
- Olivia plays/sings on your album. I’ll play synth, piano, vocals, or guitar on your song. If it’s studio time, I can pre-arrange parts and track efficiently. If you’re not in SF I can send high quality tracks.
- Marta will make you a hand bound book. Super nice. Makes for a unique journal from the heart.
- A campaign-exclusive special edition poster of a still from the video. Hand numbered and signed by the cast and crew.
- First pressing of the very limited run of the 12” EP on white vinyl. Hand numbered and signed.
- T-shirts hand screened on ultra soft T's.
Some of the perks are already in production and we’ll deliver them hot off the presses as soon as final touches are made. We will deliver the perks requested regardless of whether or not we meet our goal. We’ll get in contact and schedule perks within 6-months of campaign ending.
From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for supporting our passion!