Through this fundraising campaign, I am kindly requesting donations and assistance for this project, which is important in order to justly present the case of a genuine idealist, martyr, and patriot named Zvonko Busic. We are willing to presentthis play anywhere there is an interest and a will to hear the story about this remarkable idealist and the timeless love that characterized Zvonko and Julienne Busic (also convicted and sent to prison for 13 years; she waited faithfully for him for the entire 32 years.)
Equipment needed for the play:
- 2 projectors – in order to show archival materials on the big screen, many of which will be available and presented to the Croatian public for the first time
- 3 reflectors, lighting, because not all the places where the play will be shown have these items
- 2 computers, which will contain and store archival materials
- costumes for the actors
- expenses for the booklet, showboard, and promo materials
- expenses related to the basic fee for the preparation of the play, which will require three months, sith the premiere planned for the beginning of February, 2018, in Zagreb
- expenses regarding the rental of a van or another vehicle so that the equipment can be transported in future tours around Croatia and abroad
• Total expenses, without the rent of a vehicle, are approximately 80-100 thousand kuna, or 12-15 thousand euro (14 – 18 thousand US dollars), and are mostly related to absolutely necessary technical props.
Tihomir Dujmović has been a Croatian journalist and publicist for 30 years.
He has published eight books and a DVD about Cardinal Alojzije Stepinac.
He has written for numerous daily and weekly newspapers in Croatia, and for 12 years, he has hosted political talk shows on various local TV stations. Over the past year, he hosted a talk show on public television.
For three years, Dujmović was the editor-in-chief of the most listened-to radio station in Zagreb, and for seven years the owner of the most listened-to radio station in Rijeka and its surrounding county.
Today he publishes a column on the portal direktno.hr