The Three is an extraterrestrial sci-fi/horror film about paranoia in times of uncertainty and exploring what it really means to be a human being. This is the first narrative film to ever explore the relationship between three classifications of extraterrestrials: The Insectoids, the Reptilians and the Greys.
What is The Three all about?
We are looking forward to telling a story in which a man’s “Inner-Space” is just as frightening as “Outer-Space.” This movie shows that in times of peril and uncertainty, human beings can become more monstrous than monsters themselves.
When Brian LaRue becomes convinced that his father is being visited by extraterrestrials, he takes it upon himself to seek out answers from Jonas Allenbach, a local recluse who claims his son was abducted seventeen years earlier. But as Brian delves deeper into the mysteries surrounding what Jonas refers to as ‘The Three,’ terrifying realizations come to light and Brian must confront the many demons of his past, which just might be exactly what ‘The Three’ want.
‘The Three’ turns the alien abduction genre on its head with this story of one man’s frightening journey to discover what it really means to be human.
Who We Are
Versa Studios Media (VSM) is an award-winning production company/agency founded by Kenneth Stevenson. From image-acquisition to aspects of distribution, VSM specializes in short/feature films, music videos and emerging media technologies.
Versa's first feature film, Cheery Point, was recently picked up by ITN Distribution, and will soon be sold internationally.
Co-Director Andrew Bennett:
- Hailing from Morris, IL, Andrew Bennett grew up watching Steven Spielberg movies, and knew he wanted to be a part of that experience one day. At Ball State University, he found his way into telecommunications, met Kenny Stevenson and got involved with Versa Studios Media. Andrew served as an associate producer on Cheery Point and now is excited to co-direct The Three alongside Kenny.
Co-Director Kenneth Stevenson:
Kenneth Stevenson was destined to be a filmmaker from the time he was three years old, watching E.T. in his pull-ups. Kenny attended Ball State University to study telecommunications and emerging media. He started Versa Studios Media while he was still in school. Kenny served as executive producer and director of photography for Cheery Point and is looking forward to co-directing The Three with Andrew!
- Versa Studios Media’s basis for this film stems from elements that have been popular with audiences in recent films about the paranormal, mixed with themes from sci-fi films from the 1950s-1980s such as The Incredible Shrinking Man, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and They Live.
Films that inspired us:
Notable Cast and Crew
"I had the pleasure of sitting down two nights ago, and reading THE THREE. I have to say how pleasantly surprised and pleased I was by it's content. I felt that the writing was solid, painful and true. I was very engrossed by the story, and was able to envision each scene. I thought that the script caught the essence of paranoia, and of depression and helpless loss. It would be a special opportunity to lift Brian LaRue, and all of his colors."
- Born and raised in the Bayou Country of Louisiana, Lew Temple is an extraordinarily diverse actor, who is often compared to a chameleon. He has the unique ability to take any character and make it his own. He is known for his work in AMC’s The Walking Dead, Unstoppable, Lawless and Rob Zombie's Halloween.
Lew has expressed great interest in playing the role of Brian LaRue in The Three.
"Great script! Were either of you guys in the armed forces? If not, you did your research. Feels very authentic. One of my favorite elements of the script is the cicadas being watchers for the aliens...brilliant and creepy."
- You may not recognize his face, but you surely will recognize the faces he has created. Jim Ojala’s special makeup/creature effects are internationally renowned in film and television productions such as Hellboy II: The Golden Army, X-Men: The Last Stand, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, True Blood and Firefly.
When and Where
- Principal photography for The Three will take place from June 1-25, 2014
The Three will be shot in the states of Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. The following images are from locations that are already secured:
Muscatatuck Urban Training Facility - Butlerville, Ind.
"The Farm" - Summertown, Tenn.
What We Need & What You Get
- TOTAL BUDGET: $151,828
- This is phase one of our campaign!
- Our team of producers has spent months crunching numbers to come up with a suitable budget for "The Three." The graph below will give you a visual idea of where you money is going, and how it is helping us. Every aspect of production is essential to the success of our film, and every donation will be put to good use.
- Even if our campaign does not reach its goal, the project will be made and perks will be fulfilled.
How can I contribute?
- For those who submit on PayPal, we get paid instantaneously with a 9% Indiegogo processing fee, and when we reach our goal, 5% of that fee is refunded. For those who pay with Credit Card, those funds are held until the end of the campaign and then distributed to our Production bank account up to 15 days after the deadline. You are notified when the money is disbursed.
Perks for you!
- On the right side of the page, you will see a list of perks that we think you will be excited about. The higher the contribution, the cooler the perk! Keep in mind that some perks come packaged with more than one gift. Check them out now! We are confident that you will find something intriguing.
- Delivery for each perk will be decided at a later point in time. Don't worry, You will be updated about the delivery dates!
The ImpactThis is a film that will not only entertain, but it will also tackle deep, existential human issues. “The Three” will remind people that the word “alien” refers to more than just extraterrestrials. It is a word that can also be used to describe the unknown on our planet Earth. Few things are as frightening and unsettling than those which we cannot understand. Every human being on this planet has felt ostracized and alone at some point in his or her life. Every human being knows what it feels like to be an alien.
People who will connect to this film are:
- Sci-fi movie fans
- Horror movie fans
- Practical effects junkies
- Fans of independent film
- Those who have felt excluded at any time in their lives
- Anyone who enjoys going to the movies!
Other Ways You Can Help
- Even if you can't contribute in a monetary way, please share our campaign with friends and family any way you can! It will raise the awareness level and will lead to more contributions for the campaign.
What if I have a question about the campaign?
If you have a question about the project in general, questions about incentives, or would like to see our ROI statement and investor packet, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call 502-593-7300.