Falcon Theater performs some great theater. From "Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical" to "Evil Dead: The Musical" to "Poseidon: The Upside-Down Musical" to "Hamlet" (we pride ourselves on diversity): you've laughed with us. You've cried with us. You've also shifted awkwardly in your seat, not because the serial killer in "Frozen" made you uncomfortable, but because...
Your butt hurts. Your back aches. You hope for intermission to stretch.
So help us make you more comfortable.
What We Need & What You Get
We need to redo our risers, some HVAC (heating and cooling: important) as well as some new, comfortable chairs. We've already raised $1200 in donations in the theater, as well as $6500 from both Summerfair and a William Purdy Foundation grant. We've written other grants, too, and are waiting to hear if we've gotten them.
That said, we need to make sure we can do this project this summer so that when this fall's TBD opener opens, everyone can settle into comfortable chairs and enjoy the show.
What we need:
- New Risers, with integrated lighting for safety and accessibility
- New chairs, that are comfortable and more appropriate for a theater
- Rerouting of our HVAC, to create more headroom in the audience
What you get:
- A comfortable chair to sit in when you see our shows
- A tax deduction (we are a 501 (c)3 organization, but of course consult your tax advisor)
- Possibly a thank-you gift from Falcon
- Lots of good karma
Other Ways You Can Help
We know. We're artists. We get it it. You can't always help financially. How can you help us?
- Share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, smoke signals.
- Volunteer! That's free, and you get to see a show too.