The Rise of the Sharing Economy is sponsored by Shareable.net which supports projects that help people share.
The Rise of the Sharing Economy is now live. Please pop over to TriplePundit.com to check it out!
Ready to help save the world?
What can alleviate our economic and environmental problems while building community at the same time? The "sharing economy" is a new economic model based on accessing resources rather than owning them.
Sounds's amazing, but how do I get involved?
It's really simple:
Let's say you need a pickup truck to move some furniture. Your neighbor lends you his truck, and you pay him for the time. Now, extend that model to anything and use web-based social networking to connect with the entire world - not just your neighborhood. That's the sharing economy.
In a sharing economy, anyone can run a small business on the side, and you can have easy access to hundreds of things you never had before -without the financial, environmental, and time cost of ownership.
For our original intro video: WATCH HERE.
So what's this campaign all about? What's it got to do with me?
For starters, wouldn't you like a stronger local economy, community, and environment? By helping us mainstream this concept through media, you'll get all that.
More specifically - we have a whole bunch of great perks lined up for campaign supporters. We think the perks speak for themselves - free driving credit, parking spaces, bikes... 100% of your support comes directly back to you in sharing economy perks.
This article series will help advance the sharing economy by mainstreaming its media coverage
TriplePundit and Shareable are teaming up to co-produce an article series on the sharing economy. We believe that one of the most sustainable ways to get widespread prosperity is to increase the volume and diversity of people sharing products and services.
We want to explore how. We decided to crowdsource the funding for this series to prove just how deep the opportunities run in the sharing economy.
We've teamed up with some of the leading companies in the sharing economy to offer perks - discounts on their services in return for supporting our campaign. It's a win-win...
Here's what we plan to cover:
- Case studies on interesting sharing companies
- How established companies are getting into the game
- Is sharing an opportunity or a threat for companies that are used to the consumer model?
- How sharing can increase economic growth while lowering consumption
- Government policy - help and hindrance
- How to scale a sharing economy start-up
- How to develop a sharing-based business model
- Is the sharing economy innately sustainable?
And more! The more we raise, the longer the series can go on. We'll keep cranking all through 2013 if you want us to.
The funds we raise will go to cover paying writers, editors, designers to produce the series.
Here's what you'll get:
We've got a ton of great perks to thank you for your support.
By contributing to the campaign, you will get the opportunity to engage directly with several companies leading the sharing economy movement. For each dollar given, you'll get at least a dollar back from our partners:
- Rent a car on Wheelz - www.wheelz.com. Wheelz is a car sharing platform that connects people who want to put their cars to work with people who want to rent them
- Try out a bike at Liquid - www.doliquid.com
- Catch a ride, save money and meet a new friend on a trip to your favorite destination with Zimride - http://www.zimride.com/
- Earn money doing nothing when you list your parking spot for rent on Park at my House - www.parkatmyhouse.com ($30 listing upgrade)
- Fill your wallet with travel money when you rent a room on Flat-Club - www.flat-club.com
- Rent a car from your neighbour from www.carnextdoor.com.au. Available in Sydney’s eastern suburbs now, and throughout Australia by mid 2013.
- Dress for success with T's and hoodies from couchsurfing.com
- Educate yourself on the sharing economy with bestsellers "Share or Die" and "The Mesh"
- And more!
Where does the money go?
Journalism is expensive. We've got a pack of writers to take care of, website and design costs, research costs, travel, and in this case quite a bit of marketing overhead. The big win here isn't just to make our readers smarter, it's to spread the idea of the sharing economy far and wide, bring in new readers, and make sharing mainstream.
Many Indiegogo users probably understand the opportunities of the sharing economy already. As leaders in this new economy, this is your chance to bring the message to a wider audience. TriplePundit and Shareable Magazine have a combined readership of over 300,000 readers per month. By exposing our audiences to the stories above, you'll be helping to spread the message far and wide.
Other Ways You Can Help
Don't forget to tell your friends about the campaign!
Who are we?
TriplePundit.com is one of the most widely read websites on sustainable business - aka green, responsible, good business that makes a difference in the world. Shareable is the online magazine that tells the story of sharing. Together we reach more than 300,000 people a month and intend to reach many more with your help!
For our original intro video: WATCH HERE.