The Precursor Legacy - An Action Sci-fi film
A live action/CGI short retelling of Jak and Daxter, the video game franchise by Naughty Dog
1 Team Member
- I have been into film since I was 12 years old. I've acted in various independent films over the past few years, and written my own screenplays as well. I've shot a few short films for Youtube with little budget, some have turned out better than others. My second Pokemon fan film experienced a brief popularity last summer but died down.
- I've been a fan of the Sony Playstation platforming game genre since Spyro the Dragon. I never got into Call of Duty- I always preferred to play stuff like Ratchet & Clank, etc. Speaking of which, that and Sly Cooper are each getting their own feature films, respectively. A Jak and Daxter film has not been announced, and there have been no games released for a few years.
- With all the technological advances now, and the film connections I have, theres no better time to make a Jak and Daxter spec film than now. What with the surge in popularity its getting due to its friendly rivals Ratchet & Clank, and Sly Cooper getting a film, the time for me to make this happen is now. Even Sonic the Hedgehog is getting a film. The vision I have for this short Jak and Daxter film has been in my head for a long time. Combining story elements from the first and second games, I'm sure my vision on screen will be a treat and please fans of the games, and even action movie fans in general. I am looking at the run time clocking in at close to a half hour, but no more. The shorter I make this thing, the better it will look and sound. Jak will NOT be in CGI, rather, be played by a human actor in costume. Daxter, on the other hand will either be CGI, or we will use trained ferrets to play the part, depending on certain production factors. The end result will be shown in my hometown theaters, but also be uploaded to Youtube for everyone to see.
What We Need & What You Get
- We need this funding because the one thing I've ever struggled with as a young film-maker is budget. Money is really hard to come by and with your help we can have enough to go towards good CGI, props, sound, editing, location, actors, crew, etc.
- We're looking to give back in any way necessary, so of course you will be rewarded for what you decide to give. Autographed DVDs, tee-shirts, props from the set, etc.
- If we don't reach the total goal, we will use what funds we have to go towards the most important factors of production. This means props and crew for the most part.
- I feel that this film would help reinvigorate the Jak and Daxter franchise and possibly lead to an official movie announcement from Sony at some point in the future. This is something which has not been touched before. Its new territory and it excites me to know we'd be the first people to really stick our feet into this franchise in film form.