Sia-Love (Meres-Sia) is a Poet-Vocalist/Songwriter and author. This is her first full-length album.
Cosmopolitan and beautifully untamed, Sia-Love's sound defies genre. She envelops audiences in songs, raps, stories and meditations steeped in urban and Diaspora-inspired rhythms.
A dedicated single mother and former high school French teacher, Sia-Love feels the best education she can offer her children, students and herself is the example of her own creative fulfillment.
She has performed to standing ovations in the US and abroad, including: EDELO Cultural Center (San Cristobal, Mexico); University of the Earth (Chiapas, Mexico); The Oregon Shakespeare Festival (Ashland, Oregon); The Oakland Buddhist Center. She released her EP "Sweet & Lovely" July 8, 2014.
Keeping in alignment with her upbringing in the Black Panther Party, Sia believes in “Each one teach one.” Therefore she is using her album as a unique opportunity to provide work-study jobs for youth and young adults via internships spanning from production to performance.
- She is recording her first full-length album.
- She is creating work-study job opportunities for youth.
- She is ensuring that youth continue to receive arts education via her charitable contribution to Art Ambassadors (Oakland) and United African Alliance Community (Tanzania.)
- She is being the change she wishes to see in the world.
- She is pouring libations of love over the planet.
Get on board with this historical endeavor that is raising the vibration of the planet!
WHAT IS NEEDED
- Lawyer: $2,000 (for contracts)
- Production: $3,000
- Mixing: $4,000
- Mastering: $2,000
- Promotion/Advertising: $5,000
- Distribution (digital): $50
- Album Design/Packaging: $2,000
- Manufacturing CD: $1000
- Rehearsal space: $60-$100/day
- Recording studio cost: $50-$100/hr
- Musicians: $100/hr
- Voice Coach: $60-$100/hr
- Assistants/Interns: $5,000 total
- Miscellaneous fees $5,000 for:
- Packing and shipping your gifts.
- Feeding interns and musicians while in studio.
- Fees associated with campaign: 4% goes to Indigogo if I meet/exceed my goal and 9% goes to them if I fall below my goal.
- Paypal transaction fees.
*In the event that I do not meet my financial goal, I will use your contributions toward the completion of my album while creating other fund-raising opportunities. I will still donate 5% to Art Ambassadors and United African Alliance Community. If I exceed my goal, I can make videos, increase promotion and tour!!!
CHECK OUT YOUR PERKS FOR CONTRIBUTING (to the right)➠➠➠
- Filling a void left by mainstream music.
- Inspiring others to fulfill their creative dreams.
- Employment and Mentorship for 3-5 youth interns.
- Increased arts exposure for youth here and abroad via donation to Art Ambassadors and United African Alliance Community.
- Elevation of the planet’s vibration innovative healing sounds and compositions. Albert Einstein observed (and the ancients knew well) “Everything is vibration.”
- Equal opportunity for joy, reflection and fulfillment. In the words of Stevie Wonder's “Sir Duke” :
Music is a world within itself
With a language we all understand
With an equal opportunity
For all to sing, dance and clap their hands ...
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- TWEET, BLOG, FB, IG, TELL THE WORLD CONSTANTLY!
- PURCHASE THE EP @ www.sialove.com
- INVITE ME TO PERFORM in your community center, school, office, place of worship, special events, etc. where I can share music, talk about the project and introduce some of the interns . [I can also skype in for long distance]
- INVITE ME TO DO A WORKSHOP on poetry, creative writing, and performing.(see my work at www.sialove.com)
In Love and Creativity.
Official Website www.sialove.com