Steampunk Natural Cosmetics, unique handmade candles and 100% vegan aromatherapy candles. All together to create The Lost Scents.
UPDATE 12th Feb 2013
- We just published on our Facebook page the first packaging test of Victorian Garden. Hope you like it:
Welcome all, Ladies and Gentlemen, to this land of lost scents and untold legends!
Our story began back in May 2012 when we decided to create a whole new aspect in Steampunk art: Candles and Cosmetics.
Would you join us on this adventure?
Matt grew up in a family dedicated body and soul to the art of hairdressing; he saw how cosmetic products were evolving away from their natural roots forcing us to use more and more chemicals every day; that's when we said stop!
Lovers of ecological products and Steampunk style, we decided to create together a new line of natural cosmetics with Steampunk inspiration.
The aromas we use are special, lost scents in time, dreaming with every breath you take! Mixed drop by drop with hints of fantasy and vintage!
Apart from that, our next target after fulfilling the cosmetic needs, will be to show you our magnificent Steampunk candles.
Each one of our candle designs is unique, made by Matt's own hands, directly out of his imagination; nobody else have them and they are as elegant as cute!
Want to know more? Just check below. :)
For this 1st Phase, our range of cosmetics will cover 4 of the total 8 aromas, which will be:
If you liked the aromas, then you can't miss the products themselves!
- Rose hip oil solid soap (Victorian Garden) - 100gr (regular size) / 50gr (travel size)
- Almonds oil solid soap (Flying over the desert) - 100gr (regular size) / 50gr (travel size)
- Rice bran oil solid soap (Letters from far away) - 100gr (regular size) / 50gr (travel size)
- Pistachio oil solid soap (Clean those gears) - 100gr (regular size) / 50gr (travel size)
- The 8th Wonder solid Shampoo (all 4 aromas available) - 100gr (regular size) / 50gr (travel size)
- Shaving solid soap (2 aromas available, TBA) - 100gr (regular size) / 50gr (travel size)
- Scrub solid soap (Coffee) - 100gr (regular size) / 50gr (travel size)
- Aftershave solid lotion (all 4 aromas available) - 100gr (regular size) / No travel size available at the moment
- Lip balm (4 tastes, TBA) - 7gr (regular size)
- Body butter (all 4 aromas available) - 100gr (regular size) / No travel size available at the moment
We will soon also offer Bathroom and Shaving accesories.
Our idea for the packaging is the following (for regular soaps and shampoos)
And don't miss what comes next!
A lot of people have done candle holders before with Steampunk design but we couldn't find anyone making actual Steampunk decorative candles; so we thought: Let's do it!
It all started with a simple Top hat, but it went way over our expectations. We are continuously working on new creations to increase our selection of unique items.
As an addition to the cosmetic and decorative candles, we will also offer three types of aromatherapy candles; made with 100% vegan and ecological soy wax to Meditation&Relax, Inspiration&Imagination and Happiness&Positivity.
What We Need
The project will be funded in three steps as shown in the contributions tracker on the top, the total amount needed is of 22.150€ ($29,590/£18,462)
Step 1 (Cosmetics 1st Batch - First 4 aromas) -> 9.500€ ($12,690/£7,920)
The project will not only help rebuilding the natural cosmetic usage around the globe but also small shops here in Europe which can resell the products to their clients locally and renew themselves. Examples of this are the following:
"Celebrating the 60th anniversary of its foundation, Friseur Kellner-Wallner [owned by Matt's mother] is proud to become the first hairdressing salon to be using and reselling these new and very special products" Friseur Kellner-Wallner in Mank (Austria) http://www.kellner-wallner.at/
"I started using natural cosmetics to avoid touching parabens constantly. As an occasional user parabens might not affect you that drastically, but as a Beautician or Hairdresser, we are all in danger of leukemia or abortions caused by all these chemicals. Also last week I showed in my blog how dangerous are some commercial lipsticks, full of lead; so I am definitely sticking now to Natural Cosmetics." Tamara Ulric, Beautician and Blogger in Chipiona (Spain). http://eressbella.blogspot.com.es/
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can't contribute with money, don't worry! Just spread the word, send it to your friends and family, we are very thankful for anything you can do for us! :)