The Story & Storytellers
We are a passionate group of graduating seniors from Azusa Pacific University. Our thesis film tells the story of Jacob Waltz and Jacob Weiser, two German immigrants in the American southwest who long to strike it rich as prospectors.
Shot in the beautiful Superstition Mountains in central Arizona, the actual home of this famous American legend, The Lost Dutchman beautifully depicts a tale of friendship and greed.
(Our Stars: Alexander Von Roon, Ian Delaney, Naiia Lajoie, and Nicholas B. Gianforti)
We love this film and have poured our hearts, souls, and minds into it for the past 8 months (some of us longer). After all our hard work, we are proud to say that the film is finished and we could not be more pleased with how it all came together! Now we are beginning the process that really matters - showing it to the world!
By contributing to this project, you're not only supporting the hard work this fine group of filmmakers put into the film, but you're also joining the team.
You can help put this excellent short film into festivals around the globe so it can finally be seen!
What We Need & What You Get
We're so proud of this film and the hard work and sacrifices of the many people it represents. Now, we want to share it with important people (like you!).
We successfully raised money to make the film, but now we need your help to tackle all the new costs that come with Post-Production and Distribution.
We'll use your support to meet our Post-Production budget, which includes...
- Festival Submission Fees! Festivals are the best place for the film to be seen and recognized!
- Paying our Composer for the amazing original (and live-recorded!) score he wrote for us!
- Creating & Shipping DVDs!
- Reimbursing our awesome crew for gas! We made them drive all around the Superstition Wilderness and we want to be able to pay them back!
When you donate, you are eligible to receive some of our sweet perks (like this poster)! Check them out over on the right!
This thesis film represents the talent and hard work of many student filmmakers. Most of us are seniors that will be graduating this summer and it is our desire to use this film as a calling card that truly shows the industry what we are all capable of!
Our entire team also has a shared goal of turning this short film into a quality feature film and the best way to make that happen is for the short to be seen by as many people as possible! By helping us now, you are directly contributing to helping launch the careers of many young filmmakers!
Other Ways You Can Help
- Please share our campaign with everyone you know! We'd really appreciate you making some noise for us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Let's get the word out together!
- If you know someone who might be an interested donor, please let them know about our campaign!
- Prayer is a beautiful thing and we could sure use a lot of it as we prepare to enter the crazy post-grad life and the madness that is the festival circuit.
Thank you so much for reading all this! We know it's a cliche, but with your support you can really help make our dreams come true!