The Kind Self-Healing Book
Over the years, readers of my personal growth blog, Guess What Normal Is, have asked: How do I start this work? Where do I start? How do I begin to untangle the ill effects of my less-than-perfect-childhood? How do I help myself? How do I heal myself? My reply is this book, The Kind Self-Healing Book.
Books change lives, andThe Kind Self-Healing Book aims to change lives. You can be part of that!
- When a reader tells me that I've changed their life or given them courage, it makes my day. You can be a part of that feeling!
- I have 20 years of writing experience, including a MFA in Creative Writing.
- I've worked in the book publishing industry for 20 years and know what it takes to produce a quality book that serves and delights people.
The Book's 5 Promises
Working through the book will itself be an act of healing for readers. The Kind Self-Healing Book provides tools for achieving the following outcomes:
- Learn the process of cultivating self-esteem so that your self-esteem is a guiding constant in your life, and much less hit or miss.
- Discomfort felt when advocating for yourself will become less scary and will no longer keep you from speaking up about your needs.
- The purpose that drives your actions will shift to your desires and needs and away from anxiety and what you think others want of you.
- You'll learn how to remain centered and calm in the face of criticism (or perceived criticism) and more comfortable expressing your true self.
- You'll become more comfortable in intimate relationships and won't be distracted by a desire to control situations because you'll have moved from living in your head to living in the present moment.
What I Need & What You Get
Your support will help me transform my manuscript into a real book that people can buy:
- The $8,910 will cover all of the following costs: hiring professionals to copyedit my manuscript, design the book's interior layout, design a book cover, copywriting for the back cover, proofread the final proof of the book, purchase ISBNs for print and ebook formats, format and upload the ebook files (to Amazon.com's CreateSpace), IndieGoGo's cut (4%), and that's it.
- The perks of supporting this project are unique, personal, and aimed at enhancing your happiness!
- If I don't reach my goal, nothing happens. Isn't that sad?
Assuming this funding comes together, The Kind Self-Healing Book will be released this winter.
Other Ways to Help
You can help a lot by just spreading the word about my book. You know people I don't know. Please tell people you know about my book. The more people who know about this project, the better chance it has of becoming fully funded.
* Please click on the social media icons below and spread the word! *