The Calgary Flamenco Festival Needs Your Support!
An annual festival, just in its 3rd year, the festival is the flamenco event of the year in Calgary. Unique and multi-faceted, The Flamenco festival is both a dance and music festival. Artists from across Canada, from as far as Nova Scotia and Spain join to create and collaborate and this year features the breathtaking dancer from Madrid, Olga Pericet.
We bring in the very best of Flamenco and we need your help to make it happen!
What We Need & What You Get
We are asking for $8,000 to defray the extensive cost of bringing in our 6 international performers for the Festival. A flight alone from Madrid costs $1,500.
- We encourage you to help by SPONSORING AN ARTIST. $1,500 gets you linked to a specific artist as their sponsor, you will be specifically thanked in the Festival programs.
To thank you for your contribution we are offering:
Complimentary tickets, backstage passes, signed postcards, downloadable exclusive images, Special live recordings, Cd's, Flamenco Society memberships and behind the scenes activities with the artists. As well we thank you with flamenco classes, gift certificates, private concerts and more - all redeemable within a year of the Festival.
Be a Part of the Effort
Your contribution goes towards helping this vibrant Festival be a success and specifically brings to the stage in Calgary one of the most sought after Flamenco Acts in the world. The festival is a huge undertaking. We are currently running the festival primarily on ticket sales and we need significant additional support. All contributions big or small are welcome.
About the Festival
The 2013 Festival features the Flamenco star from Madrid, Olga Pericet and her company of guitarist Antonia Jimenez and singer Miguel Ortega. Also from Spain are guitarist Liron Man, singer Juan Murube and multi-instrumentalist Simone Mor.
A week-long celebration of Flamenco with diverse performance and learning opportunities, the festival also includes:
- 4 total concert events including 2 main concerts with International ensembles at the beautiful 500-seat theatre facility: The Webber Academy Performing Arts Centre
- free community events: noon-hour concert & introductory adult workshop
- artistic collaborations: the Flamenco Showcase, where local dancers and musicians create alongside International guest artists
- workshops in all flamenco disciplines from percussion, to dance, to guitar, to singing!
Other Ways You Can Help
If you don’t have any funds to contribute, we are grateful for the many other ways you can help! Spreading the word, sharing the link for our campaign with family, friends or co-workers would be very much appreciated.Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean they can’t help:SHARE THIS CAMPAIGN!