The purpose of our trip is to cross through the Americas, driving our way down to Brazil in time for the World Cup, while donating soccer balls along the way.
- The purpose of the trip is to prove to the world that Americans are compassionate, adventurous, worldly, fanatical about football, and generous as well!
- It is worth contributing to this project because you love soccer and you want to give. You want to be part of a winning team and you want to help spread good vibes and the beautiful game! Plus, you really want to see if we can make it!
- There are very few things as awesome as seeing joy on a child's face. This trip will bring us back to our roots; Imagine donating hundreds of soccer balls equivalent to hundreds of hours of exciting play time, documenting each and every one of these donations and turning them into a mini-documentary for you to watch over and over again, as well as a photo book to relive the memories.
- This trip is important because it is a way of giving back to the game that has given us so many great memories. Its like planting a tree. Watch the stoke grow
Nearly Indestructible, these balls are ready for any challenge! They bounce consistently on Sand, Gravel, Dirt, and Asphalt!!! Here is a re-cap of our most recent ball drop in Mexico to see how they did!
Check them out for yourself- http://www.oneworldfutbol.com
The trip should take approximately 30 driving days. (+/- a couple). Our good friend Bree Williams ran the route from San Diego to Nicaragua in January and it took her 14 days of driving averaging about 6.8 hours and 400km per day.
LOS ANGELES->La Fonda-> La Paz->Mazatlan->Puerto Vallarta -> Tecomon -> Troncones-> Cruz Grande-> Puerto Escondido->Salina Cruz->Tapachula->Guatemala City->La Libertad->Choluteca->Rivas->San Jose or Panama City->Guayaquil->Mancora->Chiclayo->Chimbote->Lima->Pisco->Arequipa->Nuestra Senora de La Paz->Santa Cruz de la Sierra->Campo Grande->Sao Paulo->RIO DE JANEIROFull Route:
What We Need & What You Get
We need a monetary donation, or product that you'd like to see featured in the photos and videos that we will create along our trip.
Please check out the PERKS section above!
Background & Experience
- Jeremie and David have traveled to over 44 countries collectively.
- Jeremie has done the drive from Cabo San Lucas, MEX to Fairbanks, Alaska and David has driven more than 18,000 miles around the U.S.A. in a Westfalia. For these two, this drive will be cake.
Wanna see some rad stuff? Check it out:
More Cool Photos of Brazil: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qm5k8kx9ajuzyvr/SrpNERPwUE
Other Ways You Can Help
You may not be able to help us financially, but there may be other ways you can help:
- #1. Share this!!! This is the cheapest and easiest way to help and you never know who you might know that could help us in a major way.
- Do you know of any awesome mechanics that can help us get our ride together before we bail?
- Does anyone have a rocketbox or equivalent rack mounted cargo container they aren't using?
- Ask people for connections, sponsorships, tips, advice! Who can Help!?
- Know any large companies that might want to be a part of this!? Tell them whats up and how awesome its gonna be when a bunch of kids get new soccer balls!
And that’s all there is to it. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!