14 year old Parker Leverett captured the world's heart in this emotional 72 minute video. He lived with his dad (Caleb Leverett) for about 2 1/2 months after this video was made. On August 19, 2013, Judge Denn Whalen in Ector County, TX ordered that Parker go back to his mom's and step-dad's house. They just moved to San Antonio, TX which is about a 6 hour drive from Parker's home town of Odessa, TX. Parker was given about 15 minutes to tell his family goodbye. It was an emotional tear-jerker, all of which was caught on camera.
- Caleb Leverett is an extremely dedicated, single father. He has turned down financial contributions in the past, but now has no choice to seek counsel.
- Everyone knows that custody battles are not cheap.
- This legal battle doesn't end with Caleb and Parker's case. This sort of injustice is rampant and Caleb has vowed to help others after this is over by drawing attention to other atrocities.
- The $25,000 goal is merely an estimate. Your contribution will go to fund the legal defense team and costs for travel for Caleb to be able to see all four of his kids while waiting for the trial (trial date has not been set yet, but will be posted as soon as it is known)
What We Need & What You Get
Caleb Leverett is not a financially wealthy man.
- This isn't a typical Indiegogo campaign.
- Caleb has a long track record of being a huge proponent of non-violent parenting.
- We don't have a bunch of perks to offer, but there are some Team Parker t-shirts being made.
- Caleb is very opinionated and many of his opinions are in the public domain. You may not always agree with everything he says, but there is no doubt that he is an extremely loving, peaceful and dedicated dad.
- Thousands of kids all over the world are forced against their will to live with a parent that they don't want to live with, when the other parent is more than willing to take them into their home. This has become an epidemic.
- We must stand up and fight for what is right.
- "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps
to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is
really cooperating with it." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
Other Ways You Can Help
Even if you cannot contribute financially, you can still help this noble cause.
- Please watch the video. As of today, it has over 135,000 views and about a 98% thumbs up rating.
- Please share the video and this link on all of your social media