WHAT IS TAPIN?
Shake hands with Fear, sit down for a chat with Reflection, get to know Anger, grab a bite to eat with Regret, and mingle with Happiness. TAPIN engages participants in the unique power of life's strongest emotions through bold and playful interactive art installations. Whether you are in the hustle of NYC, on the beaches of Rio, or in the cornfields of Nebraska, you are part of the TAPIN Movement.
TAPIN challenges participants to delve into the highs and lows of what it means to be human. In doing so we realize we are not alone, build genuine relationships, and find real power to help us better understand the world and ourselves. Most importantly, we unlock the barriers around our dreams and begin to live FREELY.
Here's a quote from one of the participants at our first installation "OUT FEAR. TAP IN." on Friday the 13th of December, 2013:
"I never could have imagined being so moved and connected to strangers around our fears. Seeing everyone write their fears on the canvas, below the huge video projection of people sharing theirs, and noticing that we all shared many of the same fears, was such a deeply moving and empowering experience. I can't wait for the next event!"
HOW TAPIN BEGAN
Born out of the The Ashes Project, a powerful exploration of loss, TAPIN's Founder Anne Koller discovered a deeply meaningful way to cope with the sudden loss of her father through vivid photography that documented her journey's most poignant and sensitive emotions.
Rather than being numb to the brilliant spectrum of life's sensations, TAPIN builds on The Ashes Project and invites others to dive into their emotions and feel through them.
TAPIN AND YOU
This year, TAPIN will create four provocative and intriguing interactive art installations that explore:
- The lightness and liveliness of Happiness
- The fire and flash of Anger
- The poignancy and punch of Regret
- The peace and power of Reflection
Our goal is to raise $12,000 ($3,000 for each installation) so we can build beautiful, thought-provoking, adrenaline-pumping exhibits that are free and open to the public.
$3,000 per installation will allow us to cover the costs of:
- Design and video work
- Resources and materials to build the installation
- Equipment to set up the installation
- Venue and location rental and permits (depending on location)
WHAT HAVE WE DONE SO FAR?
1. Featured in Huffington Post on January 24, 2014
2. Featured on Idealist.org http://blog.en.idealist.org/tapin-through-self-reflection-a-broader-definition-of-social-good/
3. Published article in GOOD Magazine on December 18th, Winter 2013, Issue 031, Page 70 written by Anne Koller and The TAPIN Crew: "Compose Your Eulogy: A Legacy Building Exercise"
4. TAPIN's inaugural exhibit: OUT FEAR. TAP IN: An Installation on Beating Fear to the Punch was held on Friday the 13th of December at First Street Green Park in New York City. The installation exposed some of the group's biggest fears in a larger-than-life art installation projected on the moonlit walls of Manhattan. Observers joined by sharing their fears on-site or through a Twitter feed. By naming what scares us most and sharing it out loud, TAPIN believes we take the first step in facing our fears and tackling them before they get the best of us.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Inspiring quote and personal message from a TAPIN crew member
- Pack of 2 stickers from the "OUT FEAR. TAP IN" Installation
Choice of an incredible One-of-a-kind TAPIN T-shirt (from 2 options)
4. Daily Dose of Inspiration TAPIN Poster
5. Pick the brain of one of our talented TAPIN crew members (from 5 options)
6. TAPIN Happiness Map (Left one is what happiness is to you and right one is the collaborative happiness built from yours!)
OTHER WAYS TO BE PART OF TAPIN
YELL IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS: Use the Indiegogo share tools on your favorite virtual network and tell all the people you know to join and support the TAPIN Movement!
DONATE YOUR "SECRET SAUCE": At TAPIN we believe that everyone has a "secret sauce" (that thing/swagger/talent/characteristic only you have). What better way to utilize that crazy cool talent of yours than in a project bringing to life the most intangible thing we know, EMOTIONS?! Let us know what your secret sauce is and how you would like to be involved with TAPIN and our installations.
TAKE THE TAPIN CHALLENGE: Commit
to "tapping in" to your emotions everyday. Exposing them, observing
them, and co-existing with them. We believe that they have the unique
ability to be our greatest teachers and unlocking them is the key to living
Here is our mantra if you need some help getting started.
“WE TAPIN. We expose emotions once and for all. We bring them out of hiding and take them into our awareness to feel and examine them carefully. We resist the urge to look away, knowing that our emotions belong to us and if we expose them before they hurt us, we are in ultimate control and live more empowered and free lives.”
- TAPIN Crew