"Good Space"Sukha Wellness Center provides a sanctuary for personal growth and professional development, a place for both the local and global communities to gather for transformational experiences. The word sukha is a Sanskrit word that means: happiness, joy and ease. It also translates as "good" (su) "space" (kha).
Sukha makes its home on the Central Coast of California in San Luis Obispo, on the road to famed “Avila Beach.” Located half way between Los Angeles and San Francisco, many are drawn to the area for its natural coastal beauty, spectacular year-round weather, amazing local produce, wine country, and friendly residents. No wonder why Oprah has dubbed San Luis Obispo as the “Happiest place in America.”
Sukha has quickly gained recognition as a resource for quality trainings with visiting instructors and students from around the world, and as a local community hub for conscious connections with people who are interested in living to their highest high potential.
Founded in 2011 by David and Mary Sage Sennewald, Sukha is the result of a life purpose dream that began for the two 20 years ago.The husband and wife team first met in Yellowstone National Park while working on a student conservation project. Realizing their common passion for bodywork, yoga, nutrition and the environment, the two fell in love, and the seed was planted to one day build a space in a beautiful setting for people to come together and learn about wellness.
Fast forward to 2010, when David and Mary Sage reconnect and quickly realize two things: Love prevailed and so did the dream of having a wellness center.
The Present Moment
Sukha has established its roots and now asks for your support, as part of the local and global community, in order to realize its mission as a major resource for growth.
Backed by a team of advisors, David and Mary Sage are propelling beyond the founding entrepreneurial stage and creating strategic plans that will amplify programming to include more professional development, personal enrichment programs and community events.
In addition, Sukha will expand its model of "collaboration not competition" by offering programs for wellness practitioners and other conscious business owners to grow their business skills and network for success.
We invite you to support our mission and help us reach this next breakthrough in development. Our Intention is to raise $35,000 in the next 60 days to realize our mission.
Your generous financial support will directly help us in these three ways:
- Investment in our strategic team to expand our infrastructure and outreach, including web development, graphic design, and business consultation.
- Develop more strategic alliances adding more programs.
- Become a greater resource for the community offering economic health education and services.
~Something for Everyone
- Acknowledgement. Each contributor will get a personal thank you as well as a mention on our website and in our follow-up email.
- Quality Time Gifts: We've collaborated with some of our favorite local businesses of offer you a taste of the Central Coast and the Sukha Wellness Center. Be inspired to have a private party at Sukha, or take time for a personal retreat.
- Receiving Gifts: We have a wonderful assortment of signature Sukha logo items and packages from local businesses.
- Acts of service. You want your contribution to go toward sponsoring an event (like the Birth and Baby Fair or Cancer Wellness Fair) that will benefit the community. Or perhaps you have an idea for a fundraiser for an organization you support? Use our space and do something for the greater good. Please call us to brainstorm possibilities ~ we love to collaborate
The ImpactThe ripple effect. Both local community members and growth seekers have gravitated to Sukha to take trainings and experience healing workshops. They spend a few days learning new skills to go out and help others heal. What begins within the walls of our sanctuary is gaining momentum and spreading throughout the world.
Examples of what people are gaining include workshops with pregnant women and babies for more empowered birth experiences; trained massage therapists to work skillfully with cancer survivors to help alleviate suffering; yoga teachers who are reaching out to children in schools and community centers; Moms take time for themselves; Seniors learning to move mindfully; Craniosacral therapists working in hospitals and healing centers helping to unwind trauma and promote healing. The list goes on.
- Help us continue our mission, contribute today.
- Support this sacred space as we support our community with opportunities to grow and find more fulfillment in their life purpose.
- Contribute to the ripple effect that has begun---the momentum is catching and we need your help.
Other Ways You Can Help
- Inspire your friends to find Sukha by helping us spread the word. Each one, reach one. Please share our campaign with friends, colleagues and your family. Let them know why you feel it's a great cause to invest in.