Our goal: $20,000
What this money goes toward:
* Hiring local investigators and informers to track the illegal capture of dogs from homes and farmlands. Encouraging local people to use their cell phones to take photos and file a report.
* Recruiting teachers to provide workshops and classes in local schools on the cruelty of the trade, with heightened emphasis during the three months leading up to the annual dog meat festival in 2014
* Printing, publishing, and posting informational brochures and fliers throughout Yulin City, Guang Xi Province where the dog meat festival is held
* Sponsoring billboards in busy intersections and bus stops about the cruelty of the dog meat trade
* Hiring Chinese legal teams to gain traction with local officials and push for legislation banning the festival
* Sponsoring media professionals for in-depth coverage on the illegality of the dog meat industry before the festival. A similar media coverage made in 2/2013 in Guanzhou, China.
About the Duo Duo Animal Welfare Project:
DuoDuo Animal Welfare Project (DDAWP) was founded in February 2013 with the goal of building stronger relationships between animal-loving communities in the United States and animal advocates in Taiwan and China through the provision of financial and other resources for on-the-ground projects. These projects include humane outreach and education, spaying and neutering, the passage of humane legislation, and animal re-homing. Currently, DuoDuo Animal Welfare Project is focusing on ending the annual dog meat festival in YuLin City, China. For more information, please visit:http://www.duoduoproject.org
Mailing address: DuoDuo Animal Welfare Project, 1030 E. El Camino Real #302, Sunnyvale, CA 94087
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 408-220-5407