'Still Life Goes On' is a four-character play set in the tumultuous year of 1968 in Buster’s Greenwich Village Nightclub. The music is composed by NEA and PEW Fellow Tyrone Brown (Max Roach, Rachelle Ferrell, Grover Washington, Jr. Fame).
“Still Life…”is classically structured with several surprising twists to some age-old themes: Unrequited love, a sensational Hollywood scandal, a sprinkling of betrayals, psychological and racial conflicts, and money schemes.
Critic, Rebecca Faulkner, said “’Still Life Goes On’ is an important and deeply poetical piece of political theater. Melton’s worldview is not limited to 1968, but spans the last century.
Thomas Farrell (Broadway 'Memphis' Producer) said, “I love the characters… I can’t put the script down.”
Your Money Will Pay For
- The Theater Rental for one week; (A venue can cost between $7000 to $20,000) Actors, Production Crew, Set/Props, Costumes, Lighting, Sound, Indiegogo platform fee: 9%, Indiegogo Credit Card processing fee: 3%
We will thank you with these gifts: Invitation to Opening Night Gala, Complimentary Tickets, Autographed Cast Poster, Music CDs, Acknowledgment on the internet and in the Theater Programs.
- If for any reason we do not present the play your contributions will be returned to you.
The end result
- Still Life Goes On is not just an entertainment vehicle. Deep discussions occur because of this play. People have been moved to share stories about their families and racial divisions that have been their family history and often their darkest secret. Our goal is to contribute to mending the racial divide by demonstrating that love and humanity can conquer bigotry.
- Some people love the characters. We would like you to fall in love with the characters, music, and Buster's Place.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can’t contribute, please help:
- By getting the word out and making some noise about our campaign.
- Use the Indiegogo share tools! Email 10 of your dear friends and ask them to support us.
- Like us at facebook.com/stilllifegoeson
- Follow us on twitter.com/chrislori2
- Volunteer by sending an (email to firstname.lastname@example.org). In your subject put "Volunteer for SLGO".
**Please note that all of our Perks require a shipping address. In most cases you will be able to pick up material gifts at the theater. Your address would only be used if you require mail delivery of tickets/gifts or if a refund became necessary due to the cancellation of the production.
Make Tax Deductible Contributions/Checks payable to:
Uptown Dance Academy
167 East 121st Street
New York, NY 10035
(Memo for MeltonPot Productions)
** Your 10% discount for Jacob's Restaurant is for your food purchase Mondays and Tuesdays through June 3rd. You are required to purchase a drink and show proof of your contribution to this campaign at the cash register. Jacob's has a sumptuous selection: Some are Fried Chicken, Ribs, Fish, Salmon, Oxtails, Mac & Cheese, Many Vegetables, Fresh fruits, Salads, Deserts.
Located at 2695 Frederick Douglas Blvd (corner of 143rd St) NYC **