Please read FAQ ( Scroll down to the end of this page ) before you make a contributions.
Statement WKW 2.0: Extreme Charging Cable For iPhone 6 / 6 Plus / 5S / 5C / 5
New Color Available: Statement WKW 2.0 in Reflex®/Silver
Statement Fidelity : Custom 3.5 MM Audiophile Cable For Smartphone.
What is Statement WKW?
Statement WKW is a beautifully designed cable for your iPhone, iPod & iPad. Built with military grade MIL-STD-810 foil and braid double shielded woven cable, military grade MIL-E-5272 PET Expandable Braided Sleeving, aerospace grade AMS-DTL-23053 heat shrink and Apple MFi certification, it's a cable that’s built to last and what Apple should have made in the first place!
We have been designing and custom building high end audio cable, smartphone cable and charger for over five years. We custom built our first iPhone cable in 2013 and during this process we discovered that the Apple Lightning cable is poorly designed and constructed; the cable is vulnerable to breakage, fraying, and according to a ZDNet's report, corrosion as well. With the Statement WKW cable, we have created a cable that's incredibly strong, durable, elegant and functional. It will be the last Lightning iDevice cable you'll ever buy.
Flexible & Tangle Free Design
- Much stronger, yet more flexible than standard iPhone cables.
- Exceptional craftsmanship.
- 4 ft length ensures that you have enough to reach from wall plug to desktop.
- The connectors get an additional aerospace grade heat shrink that permanently straightens both the cable and the connector to providing cable-stress relieve.
Statement WKW 2.0 - Purple.
Statement WKW 2.0 - Red.Statement WKW 2.0 - Reflex®Black.
iPhone 6 Compatibility
Statement WKW is licensed and certified by Apple's MFi program, It works with every Apple iPhone, iPad & iPod with a Lightning connector and has been tested extensively for the iPhone 6 and iOS 9 compatibility. We will also test the cable with both iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 5S before we ship to you.
Travel In Style!
June 21, 2014 - Our Exhibition in San Francisco, California
What's your color?
Statement WKW : Available in Carbon/Black (Default Color), Reflex®Black, Reflex®Silver, White, Red, Blue, Purple, Brige, Gray and Clear.
Statement Fidelity: Available in "Reflex®/Black" and "Reflex®Silver", Carbon/Black, White, Red, Blue, Purple, Brige, Gray and Clear.
Our inspiration for the Statement WKW came from ideas and design that are not common for your average iDevice cables and accessories. Our research covered other luxury products such as jewelry, high-end headphones, watches, audiophile speaker cable and interconnects.
It is important to us that our cable not only look stunning, but also of high quality and craftsmanship that you will recognize once you put them in your own hands. We have decided on a combination of audiophile cable design concepts, high-end audio fiber sleeve and double shielded woven cable to achieve a clean signal path and durability.
Built to Last.
Inside the audiophile style fiber sleeve is a fully rated foil and braid double shielded woven cable. It is much stronger, yet more flexible than standard Apple cables.
The Statement WKW 2.0 has the 8 pin connector, circuit board, and woven cable fully enclosed for an incredibly strong and durable termination. The internal wiring are rated for 4+ Amps! Whether you are using a standard 12V car charger or a high-power 20 Watt 2.1A (2000mA) wall USB charger, the Statement WKW allows for the quickest charging times possible.
Apple MFi Certified Components
Having designed and built smartphone cables for over 4 years, we understand the significance of how original certified parts ensure quality and safety. While this increases the production time and direct materials cost, using original Apple MFi components make certain that our cable continues to work with future iOS updates while protecting your precious idevices from incorrect and possibly dangerous voltage and current that non-certified accessories provides.
Lightning compatibility: Compatible with every Apple iPhone, iPad & iPod with a Lightning connector. This includes the iPhone 6 Plus / 6 / 5S / 5C / 5, iPad Air, iPad with Retina display, iPad Mini, iPad mini with Retina display, iPod Touch 5th generation, iPod Nano 7th generation and all new iOS devices.
Technical Specifications and Details
- Connector: MFi certified 8-pin and premium gilded USB.
- Cable: Military grade MIL-STD-810 foil and braid double shielded cable,
- Sleeving: Military grade MIL-E-5272 PET Expandable Braided Sleeving.
Stress Relieve: Aerospace grade AMS-DTL-23053 3:1 heat shrink.
- Color: Default color is Carbon/Black. Statement WKW is also available in Reflex®/Black, Reflex®/Siver, White, Red, Blue, Gray, Purple and Clear.
- Certification: Apple MFi Certified.
What set us apart from the competition.
Before we ship your cable, we will:
(1) Cables will be unpack and tested for charge & sync.
(2) Visually inspect for damages.
(3) Both 8pin & USB converter pre-treated with DeoxIT® ProGold GxL to improves conductivity and provides long-lasting protection.
(4) We will make sure all cables is working and pass our quality inspection before shipping.
We tested and run in all our cables extensively before delivery to our Indiegogo backer in order to ensure that they get a good experience straight out of the box.
Both 8pin & USB converter pre-treated with DeoxIT® ProGold GxL to improves conductivity and provides long-lasting protection.
Our StoryFounded in 2008, WKW Custom Cable is one of the premiere smartphone accessories and custom high-end audio cable company in the San Francisco Sunset District. We were always fond of old world craftsmanship and has been in a continual state of refinement, seeking not only to make our cable better and better with each generation, but also to create entirely new products that serve the needs of our customers.
(1) We designed our first iPhone cable ( iTrim ) for an oversea client and introduced audiophile concept to the world of charge-and-sync cables.
(2) We also helped another Client in Singapore to design and manufacture a stylish iPhone cable ( Designer ) for their Groupon and Livingsocial campaign.
(3) In 2013, we finally designed and built our very own custom iPhone cable (Statement), 300+ working prototypes was built and sold within 2 months.
Where we are:
- Design – We have already completed our design and the first 300 working prototypes.
- Manufacturer –We have established a great working relationship with our Apple licensed manufacturer in Taiwan with pricing and order quantities confirmed.
- Certification - The cable is already tested and approved according to the Apple MFi program.
- Production - As of December 2014, production are completed and ready to ship.
Production - As of March 2015, design and production of Statement WKW 2.0 are completed and ready to ship.
Design and Testing – As of September 2015, we are in the final adjusting and testing stage of "Statement Military " aka "Statement 3.0" working prototypes. The cable will be ready for MIL-STD-810 testing at the beginning of 2016.
Why we need you:
(1) Because we use the highest quality materials available, our direct materials cost is very high. Since we will never sacrifice quality for profits while fully aware that we must be sustainable and be able to grow. In order to lower the unit cost, we will need to buy components in bulk and mass-produce the double shielded cable, male USB & 8 pin connector by an Apple licensed manufacturer.
(2) The cost of Apple MFi Certification.
(3) The cost of the military grade expandable braided sleeving and cable.
(4) New cable development - Additional funds needed for development of Statement.Military ( formerly known as WKW 3.0 ), Statement.Military will be design according to MIL-STD-810 standard for military applications and Apple MFi standard. The prototype will be ready for testing on or after July 2016.
Risks and Challenges:
MFi Certification - Like other MFi accessory makers, we are dependent on Apple with the production quantities of the actual MFi Lightning 8 pin connector. Our timeline is therefore partially dictated by Apple. We will do our best to push for a timely production.
Warranty policy:We warrants all our cable with a six (6) months limited warranty. For more info on our warranty policy, please visit our website at ( http://wkwcustom.com/support.html )
Attention:iPhone, iPod, iPod classic®, iPod nano® and iPod touch® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries, and Apple Lightning is a trademark of Apple Inc.
"Made for iPod" , "Made for iPhone" and "Made for iPad" mean that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, or iPhone, respectively, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
* Please read FAQ before you make a contributions.
(2) What about International shipping? Both international and domestic shipping are included in the prices. However International orders may subject to certain import customs, duties and/or taxes imposed by your country upon delivery. These charges are NOT included in the Perks. We recommend that you contact your local customs office for an estimate of any applicable taxes and duties you may be charged upon delivery.
(3) Is Statement WKW unbreakable?
No, nothing is unbreakable! Statement WKW were designed to be robust, because both 8pin and USB is hot-pluggable, the connectors would be used more frequently, and perhaps with less care, than other connectors. However they are not unbreakable, both connector is design to break off if the pressure is strong enough to prevent equipment ( iPhone, iPod or PC) damage. This design was made so that both connectors on the less expensive cable would bear the most wear instead of the more expensive iPhone, iPod or PC.
(4) How do I choose the color of the cable? We will sent a survey via email, and you can choose you color of the cable.
(7) Will your cable work with the new iPhone 6? Yes! .... Statement WKW is licensed and certified by Apple's MFi program, Statement WKW works with every Apple iPhone, iPad & iPod with a Lightning connector. This includes the iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5, 5C & 5S, iPad 4, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, iPod Nano and all new iOS devices.
(8) Will your cable fit my iPhone case? 95% Yes / 5% No .... Because we has the 8 pin connector, circuit board, and woven cable fully enclosed for an incredibly strong and durable termination, our Lightning plug is 11mm x 6mm. We tested the cable over 40 different aftermarket cases and the cable fit over 95% of the cases. Unfortunately we cannot confirm if the 8 pin plug will fit certain cases as there are over 1000's on the market.
It will fit all iPhone cases with a minimum ( 11mm x 6mm ) opening for charging cable.
(9) You gotta be kidding! I can buy a iPhone cable from Ebay for $3.00 and your MSRP is $39.99. Why so expensive?
The different is between Quality and Quantity. We use the highest quality Apple certified materials to build this cable. You are investing in an Apple approved product, not a cheaply made $3 knock off that might fail to work after several weeks or stop working after iOS update.
(10) Questions regarding incorrect credit card's charge, duplicate contributions, refunds, change perks and checkout procedure.
With the Flexible Funding structure, contributions made through Indiegogo are final ( http://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/526876-Refunds ), Exceptions will be made for duplicate contribution,s or incorrect contribution amounts only. If contributors are requesting refunds for other reason or alternate perks, please contact us directly at email@example.com with your reason for refund, your contribution amount, your name and the email address you provided during the contribution process.
(11) What is Reflex® Reflective Sleeving?
Reflex® reflective sleeving is a combination of the lightweight PET material (Polyethylene Terephthalate) and 3M Ultra Reflective monofilament, has a continuous operating temperature of -22 °F to 257 °F . The result is a highly reflective braided sleeving that not only provides abrasion and chemical resistance, but also very strong and durable.
(12) When will we receive our cable?
(1) For Contributions received between 06/18/2014 to 08/18/2014 - The estimate time of shipment is on or after 11/16/2014
(2) For Contributions received between 09/24/2014 to 01/10/2015 - The estimate time of shipment is on or after 01/07/2015
(3) For Contributions received between 01/11/2015 to 04/29/2015 - The estimate time of shipment is on or after 04/30/2015
(4) For Contributions received after 04/30/2015 - The estimate time of shipment is 10 days after we received your email survey.
(13) How much AWG is your cable equivalent to? 20/28? 24/28?
Is a 24 AWG shielded cable with a diameter of 0.0201 inches ( without the fiber sleeve ). But please keep that in mind, the AWG rating of a cable is only important when dealing with long cable lengths. a 24/28 AWG cable should be fine for less than 15 feet long. For longer cables, a lower AWG-ranked cable is recommended to prevent a drop in signal quality.
When connecting you iPhone / iPad to a AMPs or transmitting lossless WAV files at 16/20/24-bit, 32kHz to 192kHz from your iPad to a DACs, there is little need to get an 4 ft lightning cable below 24/28 AWG. The added strength of a bigger cables is not detectable on an adv high-end setups or made any noticeable difference.
(14) What is DeoxIT® ProGold GxL?
DeoxIT® ProGold GxL from Caig Laboratories. Inc is a unique conditioning
solution that improves conductivity and provides long-lasting protection
on gold, base metals and other precious metal contacts and connections
(gold, silver, rhodium, copper, bronze, nickel, etc.), and most commonly used in the high-end audio and aerospace industry.
(15) What happened to my $15 Gift Card?
Instead of printing 3000+ gift cards with unique ID, code and you can only use it once, we decided that we will made a special page at wkwcustom.com open for Indiegogo backer only. We will discount $15 for every items at the special webpage. You will received another email for additional info.
(16) What is your warranty policy?
We warrants all our cable with a six months limited warranty. For warranty policy, please visit our website at ( http://wkwcustom.com/support.html )
(17) We received the package, however it look like the cable retail package was opened.
Because we unpack and tested all cable for charge & sync, inspect for damages and pre-treated both 8pin & USB with DeoxIT® ProGold GxL before shipping.
(18) Why the international tracking of my package have no update for xyz days？
We have no control of a foreign Post Office or Custom Office when or how they update the tracking. All we know is for any interentional shipping, delivery times vary by country and by the local customs officer. Not every foreign post office update the tracking. The fastest delivery time you can expect will be approximately 10 days. However some deliveries take 2 to 6 weeks if there are any issues with the address or customs.
(19) What is your cable defective rate?
Statement WKW 1.0 - 0.25%
Statement WKW 2.0 - 0.05%