This project is big.
We want to make not just one movie- we want to make lots of films, T.V. shows, commercials, music and other types of videos.
We also want to help make the San Francisco Bay Area a hub for indie film production-- to facilitate other artists bringing their creative visions to life.
Here's how we plan to do it:
- Our leader, Christopher Soloma de Cadavid and the rest of the team at Squirrel! Films aim to launch a new, professional film studio in the San Francisco/Bay Area that will allow our own production team, as well as other independent film makers, to make films and videos with high production values in the most efficient and cost effective way possible.
- To suit all of the needs of our fellow filmmakers, the studio space will include child care facilities for filmmakers with a family.
- In pursuit of these goals, we also intend to create a motorized Mobile Production Unit that will cater to practical location shoots. Departments that can utilize this truck include Camera, Grip, DIT, Craft, you name it!
- In addition to the facilities, we'll provide professional workshops, mentoring and access to a network of film making professionals that can consider for your production team or crew.
- The studio will be available for special events including Concerts, Stand-up Comedy, Wrap Parties, Film Screenings and more!
THE STUDIO SPACE
We have a warehouse space in mind for conversion into the main facility. Our team is includes several carpenters and people with the various skills required to build out a functional film production studio. We just need help with the initial investment in the space, materials and equipment needed to make the studio real - or at least, not entirely made out out of cardboard.
The space in it's current state.
The red stands for what we plan to do with the space.
Building out flats for the studio.
WHAT THE FUNDS WILL DO
Your contributions, combined with our own personal investment, will create a full-service film studios where Squirrel! Films and other film makers will create high quality independent films and videos. Here's how our budget breaks down:
What happens if we don't reach our goal...
We are running a fixed campaign, so if we do not reach our funding goal the money will not be withdrawn from the donors. At that point we will seek additional funding from outside investors. It might take longer, but we'll build it- one way or another!
HELP BUILD A LOCAL INDIE FILM INDUSTRY
Your contribution is not just supporting a small business or a film studio- it will help support an industry and an indie film making community. We believe the Bay Area has one of the best independent film communities anywhere, and with your help, we can give it the facilities it needs to thrive.
There are many non-financial hurdles we have to clear to get where we want to go, but we're confident that we'll face them with the same enthusiasm and refusal to quit that we approach our films with.
We have a deposit down for our studio location in San Francisco. Permits have been submitted, vehicles and equipment reservations have been placed.
With your help the studio is scheduled to be up and ready by August 1st!!
ABOUT SQUIRREL! FILMS
Squirrel! Films produces full feature films, short films, music videos, commercials, documentaries and TV/multi-platform series. We offer services across the entire film or video making process, from development and screenwriting all the way through production and post-production (color grading, graphics and audio engineering).
Visit our website to see our roster of films and for more about the collaborators we work with: http://www.squirrelfilms.com
STRETCH GOALS + BONUS INCENTIVES
IF we can exceed our initial goal and raise more money, we will be able to build out a larger, more extensive facility with custom features to facilitate special effects and other more expensive film making activities.
When that happens, we are going to increase the rewards given to the funders SIGNIFICANTLY. Funders have an extra incentive to spread the word and make the project a success. See the chart below for details.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN HELP
Even if you can’t contribute, you can still help.
Tell other people about the project and the great perks, especially...
Film makers and producers who might benefit from proximity to affordable production facilities.
Businesses that might need commercials, video ad campaigns, corporate or other promotional videos.
- Photographers that need studio space.
Please use the Indiegogo share tools- they really work!
The Squirrel! Films Team