At present, South Loop Brewing Company consists of three guys, a home brewing operation and the dream of bringing our memorable beers and the community of small-batch craft brewing to Chicago's South Loop neighborhood. Through this campaign and your generous help, we aim to afford the equipment and ingredients necessary to turn that dream into a reality and get brewing.
Reaching our goal will allow us to do exactly that and we'll start this endeavor by brewing our beer with our friend Jerry Nelson at Une Année Brewery. We're able to use his brewhouse, but we'll need our own fermenter(s), glycol chiller, ingredients and packaging, which is what the bulk of the money raised from this campaign will help us purchase. Depending on the success of this campaign, we aim to utilize this approach for one year or less before moving into our own location in the South Loop. (Please see "Down The Road" below for more of our long-term plans.)
What's In It For You?
Given the recent meteoric growth of craft beer, we're probably not the first craft brewery to ask for your help. And, it's unlikely we'll be the last. So, when we started brainstorming on what to offer our supporters in return for their generous donations, integrating the South Loop community AND the city's craft beer community was a must. We sat down with local restaurants, bars, rock clubs, other breweries, etc. and found unique ways to partner up and provide you with the most exciting and compelling reasons we could think of to support the South Loop Brewing Company dream and ultimately, Chicago's burgeoning craft beer scene.
After you watch our video, take a few minutes and carefully read through all of the perks at each level. We're offering up a TON of awesome stuff, as well as some very cool and unique experiences. From free bowling to rum tastings and pizza/beer pairing events, something is bound to peak your interest! We have all sorts of additional incentives and promotions (on top of the already-listed perks) planned to help keep things interesting too! So stay tuned and watch for updates and announcements!
Down The Road
Now that you know a little bit more about how we intend to get started, as well as how we'd like to thank you for helping us, what about our long-term plans for South Loop Brewing Company?
- Ideally, South Loop Brewing Company will be within the Roosevelt/18th Street/Clark St./Lake Michigan boundaries. We already have our eyes on a few specific locations within those boundaries and are in talks with the owners/agents that represent them.
Once we have our own location in the South Loop, we will operate as a production facility. A taproom would follow as soon as resources allow.
- You saw that "spoiler alert" in our video and want to know what that's all about? We can't reveal all of the details this early (where's the fun in that?), but part of the South Loop Brewing Company soul does involve stadiums. Trust us, you'll hear about this as soon as there's more to share. In the meantime, watch for beer from us that you think might be related…
Beers To Watch For
- Hop Monster of the Midway
- Solidarity Stout
- India(na Ave.) Pale Ale
- Good Ryes Wear Black
- Cow Tipper
18th & Prairie Porter
- Roosevelt Red
- Golf Clap
Other Ways You Can Help
We understand. We've been there. Times are tough and as badly as you want to help, you just can't spare the money. Don't fret. We love you no matter what. There are other ways you can help us:
- Help us get the word out by sharing our campaign with your friends (check out all of the sharing tools right under the video on our campaign page)
- Liking, favoriting and commenting on our posts and announcements (helps our visibility in the social media world…stupid Facebook algorithm!)
- Have an idea for a perk or promotion not listed and think we should add it? Know of a business interested in partnering and/or helping us out? (Send us a message and we'll look into it.)
Friends of South Loop Brewing Company
For more information on the restaurants, bars, breweries and other companies listed in our perks/rewards:
Flo & Santos: www.floandsantos.com
The Weather Mark Tavern: www.weathermarktavern.com
Reggie's Rock Club: www.reggieslive.com
IMBIBE Membership: http://www.illinoisbeer.com/imbibe/
IL Craft Brewer's Guild: www.illinoisbeer.com
DRAFT Magazine: www.draftmag.com
Chicago Brew Werks: www.chicagobrewwerks.com
Chicago Brew Bus: www.chicagobrewbus.com
Atlas Brewing Company: www.atlasbeercompany.com
Seven Ten Lounge: www.seventenlounge.com
DryHop Brewers: www.dryhopchicago.com
From the bottom of our beer glasses, THANK YOU for taking time out of your busy life to A) consider supporting our dream or B) support the dream (At any level - No amount is too small!)
Jeremiah, Jude and Jason (South Loop Brewing Company)