More than 5 million households in Asia have no access to affordable power sources. It is by no means a coincidence that many of these households are located in some of the most impoverished rural areas in the world.
These areas remain under-developed and with little infrastructure and lack modern sanitation facilities. With little economic activity or industrialisation, progress is slow.
All these, simply because there is no access to a reliable and affordable energy source.
Phosphoresce is working with its partners to start a proposed non-profit organisation focused on bringing clean, reliable and affordable solar energy to these impoverished rural areas in Asia.
We're planning to build, operate and manage solar farms and solar energy facilities in rural communities in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar, starting with a 8,000 sqm solar farm in Chonburi, Thailand that will generate 2.5MW of usable solar power for a local community.
What We Need
Phosphoresce, together with its partners including private companies, government agencies and advocacy groups, has currently raised USD 250,000 to kick-start the project in Chonburi. We have secured the land titles, and will require funding to build the solar farm.
We require a further USD 250,000 to continue to the next phase of the project in Chonburi, and to purchase land and build solar farms and solar energy facilities in other locations. The proposed non-profit organisation will own, manage and operate these facilities so as to ensure reliability and affordability of solar energy for our beneficiaries.
We believe the project can help improve lives for our beneficiaries. With the provision of clean, reliable and affordable solar power, we can:
- Help to power up rural homes so they enjoy the ability to have light, heat and even refrigeration at the flick of a switch.
- Support infrastructure building, improvement works and small-scale industrialisation, especially when our efforts are combined with other conventional power supply reaching to these communities.
- Facilitate access to clean drinking water and sanitation by way of powering modern electrical pumps and water filtration systems.
- Provide jobs either directly as employers, or indirectly by supporting local economic development.
- Advocate and educate people on the impact of how sustainable growth and development can be achieved through clean renewable energy sources and reduce the reliance on fossil fuels.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you can’t contribute in terms of monetary donations, you can still help by helping us get the word out and share our vision with people you know.
Every little bit helps. Thanks!!!