Once upon a time we used to watch movies and TV shows together. Now we are too busy, and are as likely to DVR something and watch it later by ourselves. Or when we have set aside some time, binge-watch an entire series in a weekend.
But in doing that we lost something, because TV watching is better when you can share it with friends.
- I experienced this when my girlfriend, her roommates, and I watched American Idol together. Then I married that wonderful girlfriend, and we moved away. But when American Idol came on, we all tried to still talk about the show by texting and IM.
That was the insight. Friends still want to stay connected and talk about the shows they both love.
- And has this happened to you? Sometimes you don't even know you watch the same TV shows as your friends, until at a party or dinner, the conversation turns to TV and then you realize you and your friend have both been watching the same show for the last few years--and you spend the next 10 minutes talking about the show.
Snackdish will let you learn about what your friends are watching, and stay connected with them, and learn more about those shows--driving deeper engagement and meaning from that experience.
- You check-in to movies and shows you are watching, creating a detailed profile of what you watch that your Facebook friends can see. You can also look to see what your friends watch too.
- Snackdish will let you know if your friends are watching the same movies and shows you watch. And you can connect up with them and have meaningful conversations about the shows.
- You can make insightful comments and tag content that you see when you watch like: your favorite moments, favorite quotes, music, clothes, props, scene locations, mistakes, and Easter eggs.
- And you can see insights and tags posted by others in an organized way so that you can get the most out of your experience.
What We Need & What You Get
- We need $29,000 to develop the application. Additionally, this work includes connecting to Facebook, and integrating movie and TV show databases.
- We expect and will work hard to meet our goal. However, if we fall short, we will keep going, and innovate to bring this forward. We are passionate about this idea, and have carried it this far. We are not going to stop.
- If we exceed our goal, then we can accelerate our plans to expand to more people, custom mobile apps by OS, programs, and content.
- Early access to the application so that you can be the first of your friends to have Snackdish, and you can add early content to the shows you love and add your insights to them.
- Choose from Perks that include Netflix subscriptions (or credit if you already have a Netflix account), and ChromeTV (yes that's right).
- Come to our Supporter Launch party in Seattle.
- And of course you get a social application that let's you connect with your friends, let's you share what you know, and let you get more out of your TV show and movie experience!
How You Can Help Now!
Your contribution is essential and makes this possible. Every contribution brings this together, and has a powerful cumulative effect in reaching our goal. Please pick a contribution that makes sense to you. If you want to make another contribution later, we can add them together to help you leverage any award level.
- We think your number one reason to contribute is because this idea makes sense, and you will use Snackdish yourself when you watch TV shows and movies.
- We also have great perks, so check them out.
- If you have any questions, ask us!
Other Ways You Can Help
- If you like Snackdish, share this campaign with you friends, and use the Indiegogo share tools.
- Like Snackdish on Facebook, and when we launch you can start to use it and get your friends started.
Learn more about Snackdish!
Read our story in Geekwire, find us on Facebook, watch our story on YouTube and more.