Who Is Smile Foods?
My name is Ina Agwada I am the daughter of American immigrants, my passion and heritage is with ancient grains and the amazing health benefits that eating the right foods can have in maintaining your wellbeing and happiness.
I was fortunate to have a father that wanted me to experience what life had been like for him in Africa and got to spend time with my grandmother in the village where he grew up. Those life lessons, learning about preparation of the foods of my heritage, learning about the grains, the simplicty and the challenges all shaped who I am today.
I have a passion for helping people who cannot tolerate glutens and I have spent much of my life studing the ancient grains like teff, quinoia and others. I have spent a lot of time and money developing recipes that make gluten free foods taste good! I also know from experience that it is costly to have a food allergy and how frustrating it is to try and find good tasting food at a fair price. So often the gluten free label means the product tastes like cardboard, Smile Foods wants to change all of that!
Our observation is that individuals who suffer from food allergies, generally have other allergies as well. We propose to grow teff hydroponically so that airborn allergens, molds and other contaminates are eliminated. Also growing hydroponically means we are able to have 3 crops a year rather than one that is subject to weather and other calamaties. We will begin by buyig teff from the farmers in Fallon, Nevada for production and provide them with a local market for their teff production.
What We Need & What You Get
We need to build our first buildings in Hawthorne and establish the first commercial sized Teff flour mill in Nevada. Our project also entails the bakery, packaging, research and development of new gluten free products. We also want to begin hydroponic trials immediately to determine which one of the 23 teff strains is best suited for hydroponic growing.
- Building estimated cost 150,000
- Teff Mill $50,000
- Packaging Equipment $15,000
- Green House to do hydroponic teff trials $35,000
- Our initial goal if we don't reach the full ammount is to of course put in the first commercial scale dedicated guten free flour mill.
- You will receive samples of the first gluten free flour and products from our new dedicated gluten free plant as a thankyou for believing that good tasing gluten free food can taste good and shouldn't cost so much that those who need it cannot afford it.
If you don't have food allergies, you have no idea how much it can mean to eat without fear. The ancient grains that we use have no GMO, have no chemicals in production and will be allergen free. The far reaching promise of foods that make you smile are endless.
- Your contiribution will assist us in establishing the first tgluten free flour mill in Nevada
- Your investment in the fastest growing sector of the future food industry will insure that quality, non GMO and tasty foods are available to those who need them
- Our trial efforts were very successful and every time we offered the products on line we sold out in a day. That was when we decided to go bigger so that we were able to meet the demand for our products.
- We have other countries intersted in our product and anxious to buy as soon as we have the commercial capacity to fulfil orders. Your help will establish new jobs in a town that has been economically depressed for 3 decades. You will help us establish that not all food production has to be from a field, and not all manufacturing has to happen in the city. We believe in the local food movement and want gluten free foods to be a part od that wonderfuly and healthy movement.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- Ask folks to get the word out and make some noise about our campaign.
- Don't Foget use the Indiegogo share tools!
- Remember word of mouth has launched many small companies into the anals of history, your positive feedback can help us become one of those small businesses that support this nation.