Your goal is simple: "Be the best."
The competitive Super Smash Bros. tournament scene is one of the most intriguing eSports communities I've ever known. Over the past month, I've been working on programming a simulation about that exact community: "Smasher Simulator." You play the role of a young smasher, dreaming of becoming the best at Melee. This would be a game that would bring attention to one of the deepest crowds in the fighting game community, along with eSports in general. Now I need your help to make my vision a reality.
Why ask for funding?
While I'm able to code the entirety of the game myself, I've reached out to some very talented artists to help with the graphical and musical side of the game. After a while, it was decided just how much was needed to finish the game:
- $400 is needed for graphics of the characters and HUD
- $600 is needed for the game's soundtrack
- Any additional funding past the $1,000 goal will go towards creating more art and music for the game
The main gameplay consists of planning out how much of your day will be spent practicing, researching, working, etc. This is done with an hourly planner system, present at all times. One will also have to make difficult decisions throughout the game, which will be randomly presented, adding replayability.
The planning and decisions will increase one's abilities to play Melee at a competitive level.
Once you're prepared, you'll be able to enter tournaments and achieve victory! That is, if you've made the right choices...
- 3+ years programming experience
- Released the popular flash game: Loot Clicker
- Been gaming as long as he can remember
- Has created art for many popular League of Legends fan-videos and comics
- 230,000+ YouTube subscribers
- Certificate for Electronic Music Production from SAE Institute
- Former member of the Project M Backroom
The rewards for supporting the game include having your name featured in the game's credits, your gamertag being used as a smasher's name, early access to the game, and much more!
Q: What platforms will the game be released for?
A: PC and Mac
Q: How much will the game cost once it's released?
A: $4.99 USD
Q: When do you aim to actually release the game?
A: June of 2014, Beta builds will be released in April to those who backed $25 or more.
Q: I can't help fund the game, how can I help in other ways?
A: Spread the word about the game's campaign, and vote for us on Steam Greenlight!
Q: I have other questions, where can I ask them?
A: Feel free to message the lead programmer/developer on his website.
That's all for now! Thanks for reading!