Monsters, ghosts, and murderers, oh my! You will find all that and more in the Skin Crawling Comics Anthology. From giant cockroaches, to vampire-victim support groups, to killer garden gnomes, Skin Crawling Comics offers tales of the grotesque and the macabre to give the readers a unique taste of terror.
"Hunger", artist Sarah Elkins. See Perks.
Skin Crawling Comics is a 180 page, color horror anthology comic book that draws inspiration from the spooky storytelling styles of classics like Creepy, Eerie, and Tales from the Crypt. Skin Crawling Comics will appropriate for readers ages 16 and up.
Skin Crawling Comics is designed with the creepy in mind and rejects the idea of "splatter porn" as a substitute for storytelling. This doesn't mean we don't get gruesome, just that we do so with a purpose.
"F.V.K.", artist Sha-Nee Williams. See Perks.
What We Need & What You Get
All of the work required to create Skin Crawling Comics is already complete. We just need an infusion of capital to actually print and manufacture the finished product. Our goal is to raise $18,000 to make Skin Crawling Comics a reality. The costs break down to:
1) Printing = $6,000
2) Shipping = $10 - $25 per book, depending on the destination. Overseas shipping is available.
3) Costs of Perks = $2,500
4) Cushion = IndieGoGo takes a 4% commission, and expenses tend to increase unexpectedly, so we're building a safety net into the campaign itself.
5) Page Rate for Contributors = Paying the artists for their contributions. If we meet our goal, not only do the pledgers get a wonderful book but the 40 creators who made Skin Crawling possible get a very modest page rate for their hard work.
What if the Artist or Podcast Perks Run Out?
IndieGoGo will only allow 20 active perks. As soon as one sells out another will rise up like a zombie horde.
"Wesley", artist Aaron Hazouri. To get in on the zombie action see the Return of the Living Dead perk or the Retailer perk.
If we surpass our goal then eveyone that pledged enough to receive a physical copy of the book (or more) will be automatically eligible for extras if the following funding levels are reached:
- $30,000 = A signed, original print by artist Alex Sauvik, created specifially for Skin Crawling.
- $50,000 = A limited, hardcover edition of Skin Crawling Comics, available only through the IndieGoGo campaign.
Make an Impact
In order to get published one has to be published. Confusing, I know, but Skin Crawling hopes to help out 40 creators with that problem. Skin Crawling Comics not only brings back spooky storytelling, it works as a portfolio piece for the creators involved.
Please click on the contributor's name to see some of their works.
"Hoard". artist Ashley Lanni-Hoye. See Perks.
- Edmund Dansart
- Nick Valente
- Kate Carleton
- Cliff Green
- Sarah Elkins
- Sha-Nee Williams
- Jenay Gordon
- Sherri Rose
- Ashley Lanni-Hoye
- Josh Hoye
- Aaron Hazouri
- James Greene
- Laura M Bearl
- Scott Ziolko
- Chris Thorne
- Star St. Germain
- Anissa Espinosa
- Adam Wollet
- Various artists that lettered their own stories (lots of talent!)
- Joaquin Ezequil Pereyra
- Jesse Campbell
- Christine Brunson
- Various artists that colored their own stories.
Sharing is Caring
If you dig the idea of Skin Crawling, then please spread the word about it on your social media sites. Every Tweet, Tumblr post, Facebook share, etc. makes a difference.
"The Borley Reports", artist Anissa Espinosa.
Thank you Josh Rudloff for putting together the Skin Crawling video.