About the Film
If you could change your past, would you?
Seven Days ‘Till Midnight is the study of one man's journey, not only in the wilderness but also a journey inside his mind, his emotions and his past choices. His planned escape is a chance at a much needed break from a life he has turned his back on. A life he feels was in error. A life he feels has been wasted.
That feeling of being lost and without direction is something that so many of us experience at one point or another during our lives. This story explores the root cause of those emotions and ultimately presents an interesting question, if you could, would you really go back and change the past?
With the backdrop of the wilderness and the story developing into a survival film, Seven Days ‘Till Midnight will be a beautiful, dark, deep exploratory film that excites through action and entertains through emotion as the audience quickly realizes that there is a little bit of Harmon in each and everyone of them.
The magic of this film resides in the simple structure, the sophisticated story, the amazing locations and the opportunity to create visuals that will haunt the audience with the beauty of the wilderness. Seven Days ’Till Midnight should be seen as an opportunity to explore the beauty of human nature set within the world of Mother Nature and to discover what happens when those two worlds collide in unexpected ways.
To learn more about the look and feel of the film, feel free to download the PDF Look Book for Seven Days ‘Till Midnight | 9.2 MB This document is the visual “bible” or presentation of the film's style and look along with the visual inspirations. It is truly the best way to understand the tone of the film and gives a behind the scenes glimpse into the world that we are creating.
Why should you help?
This is a very personal project to us. We need the support from our family, friends and like-minded film enthusiasts to make this project possible. We are putting all of our energy toward making this project as successful as possible but at the end of the day, your support is incredibly important to the success of this film.
Our philosophy is very simple, we aren't asking for your money just because we want creative control, we are asking for your money because we want to make the highest quality film possible. You have our word that we will not cut any corners or make any concessions during the entire process.
THIS IS AN INDEPENDENT FILM AND WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT TO GET IT MADE. Simple as that.
Please take some time to look at the rewards we are offering. Also, we encourage you to show your support to us personally... you can contribute to any of the filmmakers directly. We feel this is the best way to help support us, our careers and this film and at the same time you will get some amazing rewards!
There are the obvious perks like pre-ordering the film, tee shirts and awesome invitations to an exclusive screening. We also have some unique opportunities - -
- ADVISE US - We want YOU to be a part of the crew throughout the post production of the film. We will rely on you for feedback on the film's edit, score, sound design and visual effects as you participate in online screenings and afterwards we will ask you to participate in a google hangout and discuss your opinions. You will help shape the film!
- EXCLUSIVE ONLINE SCREENING - Receive exclusive access to an online screening and participate in a google hangout with the filmmakers afterwards. And while you are at it, feel free to invite as many people as you can fit in front of your computer. We won't mind.
- FILMMAKER HIGH-FIVE's - You can receive MAJOR DISCOUNTS on Cine' Foundry Rental Gear including our Grip & Electric Packages, Red Epic Camera Packages and more. We are offering from 20% - 50% discounts off of Camera and Grip and Electric rentals. So, if you are getting ready to shoot a feature, why not save a significant amount of your Camera and G&E budget and put that savings to use elsewhere in your film's budget? You're helping us make our film and it's the least we can do to return the favor.
What happens if the money isn’t raised in time?
We have set our goal reasonably to make sure our campaign is a success and to raise awareness for the film. EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS and will be used toward actual production costs. We are running out of time...we will begin filming in Western North Carolina and Ohio in late March 2014.
That said, this film has a current budget of $200,000 - Cine' Foundry Entertainment will be covering half of the budget, $100K. The other 100K, we need to raise! This is what we need your support for!!
The total budget for Seven Days 'Till Midnight is currently set at two hundred thousand dollars. We are getting there but still need a lot of help.
$100,000 of the production cost will be provided by Cine' Foundry Entertainment.
$100,000 will come from money raised from this indiegogo campaign and will be used toward production, casting and marketing expenses.
So why just $12,000? We’re trying to be conservative, so we’ve set our goal low at $12,000. We understand that money is tight for everyone. We actually need much much more, but it's a start.
Don't forget every dollar you pledge will go towards making Seven Days 'Till Midnight that much better. If you have seen our work, know our passion or want to help us realize our dream... please contribute as much as you can.
Here is what any additional money we raise through the campaign will go toward:
- $12,000 is the minimum amount we need to offset some of the basic production crew expenses. We don't like to ask our friends and fellow filmmakers to work for free, this will help us pay them so they can dedicate their time and talent to see Seven Days 'Till Midnight through till the end.
- $25,000 is what we need to cover basic production crew expenses AND offset some of the casting expenses. The script calls for talented actors that will make our characters come to life. This money will be so important to help us find the right actors and pay them appropriately for their time and dedication to this project.
- $50,000 is what we need for the cast & crew expenses mentioned above PLUS what we'll need for additional production expenses such as feeding, housing and taking care of our cast and crew while on location.
- $100,000 and above provides us with the previously mentioned production expenses AND covers the expenses for editing of the film, professional sound editing & mixing, full color correction, upgrades to our VFX shots, and screening at festivals. Any remaining money will be used for marketing & promotion at the film festival we premiere at, to give us the very best chance for theatrical distribution.
- Cine' Foundry will cover the post production costs if the money raised in this campaign does not cover this expense, that's how confident we are in the success of this film!
James Suttles - Producer, Director
Greg Kraus - Producer, Director of Photography
Michael David Ferree III - Writer
Kenneth Altman - Line Producer
Shane Meador - Production Designer
Jason Smith - Composer
Greg Hudgins - Gaffer
Mike Gentilini Jr - Aerial Cinematography
Michael Gibbons - Time-Lapse Photography
To learn more about the filmmakers, check out the filmmaker page on www.sevendaystillmidnight.com/filmmakers
About Cine’ Foundry Entertainment
Cine’ Foundry Entertainment is active in developing, financing, producing, co-producing and distributing high quality, niche’ oriented motion pictures. At the core of Ciné Foundry is a producing and management team (James Suttles, Greg Kraus and Kenneth Altman) with credits that include films such as Oscar Nominated “Alone Yet Not Alone”, “Hunger Games”, “The Healer”, “Red Dirt Rising”, “Hero”, “A Dance for Bethany”, “Country Remedy” and “Randomocity” and corporate clients such as Reader’s Digest, ASCAP, Harley Davidson, DuPont, Simon & Schuster, and Time, Inc.
Cine' Foundry will be providing, as part of our contribution, all the necessary production equipment. We will be shooting the film on our Red Dragon 6K camera and we are excited because this will be our first feature film production that we’ll be using the octocopter and the camera gimbal.
Other Ways You Can Help
Please, share this campaign page with anyone you think may be interested in helping us make this film. You can use the Share Tools on the page or simply share the website for the film, http://www.sevendaystillmidnight.com.
Seven Days 'Till Midnight is a true indie. We could not make this film at a studio for this budget, and we strongly believe this is how Seven Days 'Till Midnight should be made!
Together, we are going to make a GREAT film. You won't be disappointed, we promise!
The more we talk, the more people will listen. So please SPEAK UP, JOIN US AND SPREAD THE WORD!