About The Can Kicks Back
The Can Kicks Back is a non-partisan, Millennial movement to defeat the national debt and reclaim our American Dream.
Our campaign seeks to educate, organize and mobilize young Americans to increase pressure on our elected officials in Washington. Our goal is to help enact a bold, generationally balaced and bipartisan agreement that addresses the long-term drivers of the national debt.
Help Us Kick Back at Washington
Congress will be considering a range of budget issues this fall. It is critical that they hear from young people – so that they fix the problem, rather than continue to kick the can down the road.
In order to generate greater grassroots support for our campaign, our mascot "AmeriCAN" and our team of organizers will be heading across the country on a five-week van tour and organizing events in 20 locations between September 25 and October 30. (Stay tuned for details!)
Your financial support will help us:
- Rent the "AmeriVAN" for AmeriCAN
- Print materials to hand out in communities and on campuses
- Defray costs of our public engagement events
What We Can Achieve Together
The "Generational Equity Tour" will coincide with the release of TCKB's Generational Equity report and the introduction of one of our policy reccomendations as a piece of legislation in Congress called the "INFORM Act."
Through our events across the country, we aim to:
- Generate local and regional media attention for the report
- Sign up at least 5,000 new supporters for the campaign
- Build support for the INFORM Act among elected leaders in the localities where we stop
Our fundraising goal is just one billionth of the national debt! We can do it!
Other Ways You Can Help
Even if you can't contribute, you can still be helpful!
- Sign up at www.TheCanKicksBack.org
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Send this campaign to five of your friends
Thank you for your support! Feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com with any questions, ideas or feedback.