Seed School Los Angeles
The aim is to raise money for partial and full scholarships to members of our community to attend the upcoming, groundbreaking Seed School to be held February 9th-14th at the Church of the Nativity in Westchester. Seed School teaches gardeners about
- Saving historic seeds from the many ethnic populations
- Insuring that every gardener in Los Angeles has access to non-GMO contaminated seeds
- Breeding vegetables to be more productive
- Supporting of food sovereignty issues
Who gets a scholarship?
We will be accepting applications from individuals who are committed to taking this information back to underserved communities and teach in local community gardens, schools and events and help us establish a network of seed saving libraries for a GMO FREE LA. We want to insure students:
- Continue to be a part of the food revolution in the LA area and ensure food sovereignty, bio-diversity and food justice
- Contribute whatever they can to help more students be a part of the change for LA area and become the GMO-free food producers we need.
Where do the funds go?
Anything under our campaign or once we meet our campaign goal will directly fund scholarships. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit so your donations are tax deductible. Additional funds will go to:
- Cover seed school expenses included food, housing, and transportation
- Help students continue the food revolution by providing supplies like seeds and other materials.
Can’t contribute, you can still help
- Please get the word out and send the link to friends and family
- Promote this campaign on your social media sites
Help us further our mission to spread the practice of seed saving to all!