- Installs in minutes
- Uses Existing Light Switch
Same Appearance and Function as Before
- Independent Operation - Install and Forget
- No Hub - No programming - No Apps
- 1000 watt load rating
- Microprocessor Technology - Memorizes room lighting pattern and adjusts Internal Timer to optimize Typical "On-Time" of room
- Pre-warning before lights turn off
- Lighting applications: LED, Fluorescent, Halogen, incandescent
- Other applications: Ceiling fans, Bathroom Ventilation fans
- Also works with 3-way switches
Clean, low profile design
All of the electronics of the BrightSwitch are enclosed inside the cover plate, and with the familiar look and feel of a standard light switch, technology controlled lighting becomes child friendly and provides many years of efficient, carefree, reliable service.
Easy to install
- Simply remove the existing light switch cover.
- Attach the two wires from the BrightSwitch to the existing light switch.
- Mount the BrightSwitch in place of the old cover.
Current market solutions
Multiple variations of the standard spring wound and programmable light timers are on the market today, however, they are very limited in practicality and daily use in the average home applications.
The simplicity and carefree function of the BrightSwitch provides a robust alternative and a REAL solution.
Energy experts agree...One of the most effective ways we can impact energy waste is simply turning off lights when we leave a room.
With a BrightSwitch installed to your existing light switches, you can reduce your power bill and make a significant contribution to global energy conservation.
- It's good for the wallet
- It's good for the planet
I am a retired engineer with a long career working for defense contractor companies, designing and manufacture products related to cutting edge technology. Over the years of being a homeowner and raising a family, I became keenly aware of lights burning needlessly for hours and even days. Not being able to find any realistic and practical solution, other than constantly yelling at the kids to turn off the lights, my frustration grew.
We are currently making the BrightSwitch in three colors:
- Light almond
Switch cover configurations available
Risks and challenges
A great amount of
effort and resources have been spent in designing and testing a product that
meets the highest standards of craftsmanship, performance and durability. We
have had some significant challenges on our journey which we have overcome and
we are now in a very good position, but surprises can happen. We will be
transparent and inform our backers of potential hurdles that might come up.
We have built in extra time for any problems that might come up during the new design upgrades, added safety testing and manufacturing process, and we are confident we will ship by the projected dates however, we will always keep you notified if things take longer than we expect.
We have taken the following steps to make sure that we deliver the highest quality product:
- Produced and thoroughly tested an initial product run of 100 BrightSwitches to insure quality. In order to enhance the product experience, we will continue to improve the product based on your feedback.
- Extensively tested prototypes for performance, convenience and durability.
We have established relationships with experienced manufacturers to mitigate the risk of delays by material suppliers and to ensure quality control is implemented to the highest level. In addition, we have produced an initial run with our manufacturers and set up all the necessary facilities and tooling.
Again, things are looking great! But if any unforeseen problems do come up, we will make sure to let our backers know as soon as possible.