RedTopCars picks you up at A with a driver. You drive from A to B with the driver as your passenger. You leave the car to the driver at B. In the near future, with driverless cars, RedTopCars will pick you up without driver.
As a French engineer I have seen with interest the conflict between Über and other Transportation Network Companies and Taxis growing both in France and worldwide:
- Providing Taxi-like services without licence is ILLEGAL
- Cheap car transportation should be available to all.
- By contributing to this campaign you'll be able to drive from A to B at the price of public transport.
What We Need & What You Get
Break it down for folks in more detail:
- The €50000 funding will pay for a 1-year engineer developing the app and partnerships necessary to make RedTopCars service available in a pilot city.
- There is another way to drive than Taxis, or Über...it is RedTopCars
- The funds will go into the IT/servers and app development first.
- RedTopCars will help any travelers to go from/to the airport in a car for the price of a public transport ride.
- It will create local public transport where infrastructure is not there, i.e. in remote locations.
- We will start with Zurich, Helsinki and Oslo.
Risks & Challenges
The main obstacles are linked to the Über vs Taxi type of conflicts
- If these finds a solution and Transportation Network Companies become afordable to all then RedTopCars won't be needed.
- If the situation escalates, like it does today, the challenges for RedTopCars would be to secure enough funding to ensure reliable transportation in targeted cities (35 RedTopCars / Million inhabitants).
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can't contribute, but that doesn't mean they can't help:
- Pass the word and do not forget that whereas you may hate Taxis (or dentists) their licences should be regarded as a seal of quality.
- There is another way: drive your cab ! This is RedTopCars
And that's all there is to it.