The Recorder Fusion Youth Ensemble is a society of sixty, 3rd through 6th grade, at-risk African-American and Hispanic recorder students from Los Angeles and Inglewood, California areas. RFYE is initiating under the Just Lovin' Music Studios, Inc. “Music and Manners” Program and has in mind to to develop and refine the musical talents of elementary students in a year-long, Saturday conservatory program.
JLMS, Inc. is making its music educational programs accessible to many kids who have a desire to learn an instrument, but resources are challenging. Our goal is to make this program affordable. Our Indiegogo project will help us to raise money for scholarships to give to deserving students who need assistance.
Our program’s holistic approach is uniquely ours and includes a comprehensive and interactive music curriculum that enhances problem solving, goal setting, coordination, and concentration. In addition, our program is designed to bring together students from different social, economic, racial and ethnic backgrounds. This provides a constructive, positive alternative for potentially at-risk children and youth, instead of violence, drugs and on-street activities.
Our program seeks to fuse:
- The learning and mastery of the family of Recorder instruments
- The perpetuation of the legacy of Recorder playing
- Music with education: Students will study music theory, music history, music composition and other ways of communicating music (i.e. vocal expression and percussive accompaniment)
- The experience students receive when they feel the privilege of belonging to a "young recorder society" which will motivate ensemble-playing while encouraging self-esteem and self-worth
- Their exposure to master teachers through workshops and concert performances by Los Angeles area professional recorder orchestras and groups
- Their participation in community service projects
JLMS, Inc. founded in 1996, is an incorporated non-profit business dedicated to enriching and enhancing the lives of youth through learning instrumental music. We have served over 5,000 students by bringing our comprehensive musical educational resources to the Los Angeles area public, charter, and private schools and after-school programs.
JLMS, Inc. is an advocate for the inclusion of music education in every child’s education as an absolute essential mission of developing the “whole” child. Schools without music education are at risk of bringing up a generation of children without emotional, spiritual and cultural development, which music provides. With continuing budget challenges in the State of California, less than 25% of elementary school children have access to any form of music education through their schools.
What We Need . . .
We need $50,000 which will cover the cost of tuition, instruments, music books, sheet music, field trips, RFYE T-shirts & hats, music binders, and tote bags for 60 students.
Please join our efforts to advocate music education and help us continue to provide great musical learning experiences for our children. Your tax deductible gift of any size is appreciated and welcomed. Here are some examples of how your generous donation can be put to work:
- A gift of $1,000 will sponsor a 30-week music program for one child
- A gift of $500 will provide partial scholarship for one child
- A gift of $50 will pay for an ensemble recorder for one child
Other Ways You Can Help
Join forces with us to get the word out.
- Share our Indiegogo link: http://igg.me/at/jlmsinc/x/1681190 with people on your email list
- Post our Indiegogo link: http://igg.me/at/jlmsinc/x/1681190 on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- “Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/justlovin.musicinc
- Print and distribute our Indiegogo Campaign flyer to everyone you know: Indiegogo Flyer.pdf
|RFYE Newsletter||RFYE Ink Pen||RFYE Mouse Pad||RFYE Hat|
|T-Shirt||RFYE Tote Bag||
2 Tickets or MP3 of RFYE Season Concert
Season Concert DVD
|Song of Gratitude to Supporters by RFYE|
How To Reach Us
Please be sure to visit www.jlmsinc.org for more information and updates on our program.
Just Lovin' Music Studios, Inc. (JLMS) mission is to develop the whole child by restoring comprehensive music education programs in and alongside our schools in order to create a positive alternative for potentially at-risk children and youth.
Just Lovin' Music Studios, Inc. (JLMS) is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 tax exempt organization.
- A gift of $3,000 will sponsor a 30-week music program for 3 children